We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

Chicago, Ilinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

Can anyone give a dress code for Blue Bay dining for Men and women?

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

In our experience at BlueBay, the dress codes are more suggestions. The code says no bathing suits, etc in the buffet. In practice, at lunch especially, many had bathing suits on, with a shirt or coverup. Nobody said a word.

In the restaurants, I believe that the dress code says everyone (ladies and gentlemen) should wear long pants and shoes (rather than flip flops). In practice, we saw shorts, flip flops, etc in the restaurants.

So I wouldn't really worry to much about it either way. There is certainly no need to dress up as one might be expected to do on a cruise ship. No suits or ties for men. Dresses/skirts are not required for the women, though my wife did have a skirt with her and wore it to one of the restaurants one evening.

It is very casual. Have a great time and relax.

Chicago, Ilinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

Thanks so much!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

In my personal experience the dress code (casual elegant) is enforced at the Jade and El Pescador Restaurants. Men are expected to wear long pants and a collared shirt. Women usually dress appropriately for dinner no matter what. I've seen men wearing shorts turned away from these two restaurants. One evening last March, 3 in a row were turned away. The Grill, because it's not air conditioned and basically outdoors, is more forgiving. During the summer the rules may be more relaxed but I wouldn't count on it.

Re the buffet at lunch time, guests are expected to wear coverups over their bathing suits. Sitting with bare skin on those rattan seats is not at all comfortable. At night shorts are acceptable.

Chicago, Ilinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

Thanks everyone for all your helpful advice. Its better to come prepared than be turned away.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

myluv7, have a super time at BlueBay.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
489 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

Didn't wear a pair of trousers or shoes the whole time I was there. Sun bathing around the pool, lunchtime, throw on a vest top and shorts and flip flops and go stuff myself silly. Everyone was the same. Dinner time was a bit more dressy but no way should you be worried about what to wear or being turned away. Casual to smart and you'll be fine.

Food is great, buffets better than the others in my opinion.

Enjoy

7. Re: Dress Code at Blue bay dining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15