We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

Be well advised! Although the resort in Puerto a Plata is beautiful, stay aware from the persistent sales force on the property!! Do not buy into the Membership to purchase a timeshare there. They used deceptive sales tactics to ploy innocent people to purchase. They serve alcohol, which may be tainted, while persuading you to sign contract paperwork. They rush you through the paperwork, not allowing you the time to read each and every line and page. They do not verbally disclose the full cancellation process; thus trying to retain your initial deposit for administrative fees, taxes, and member services they provided, but at retail costs, which are extreme. They are deceptive fraudulent money hungry people! Stay away from the sales force to buy into their membership!!!!

250 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

While I agree that some of the people who try to get you to go on the sales tour can be persistant, sometimes annoying and some of the sales people will say somethings to try and make a sale this is not true for all of the sales people. As for 'tainted alcohol' that is downright incorrect and very damning yes the do serve you alcohol but NO one is forcing you to drink any. True some of the sales may try and rush you through the process, but you are the buyer and can take all the time you like to read before you sign if they do not like it you start to get up to leave.

Yes I am a member there and have been since 2007, when we bought we were staying at another hotel and went on an excursion to Ocean World and decided to take the tour. We had a fantastic and honest sales lady and we were considering buying after over an hour we said that we interested but had to get back because our bus was going to be leaving in 1/2 an hour, they said they would pay for us to go back to the resort by taxi (1-1/2 hours away) and let the bus know to not wait. We spent almost 3 hrs in total before we signed buying a trial package, and have been happy with it ever since in fact we have upgraded over the years. They even sent a cab to pick us up and brought us back for the day and let us stay for the Christmas eve Gala and when we were done the cab took us back (1-1/2 hrs each way).

So saying that Lifestyles is a 'fraud' or that all the people associated with sales are 'deceptive' is totally unfair and wrong!! Lifestyles has been around for over 12 years and has expanded and grown a lot since we joined in 2007.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

They are not a fraud but are what they are: time share sharks

YOU need to take responsibility for your actions. NO one held a gun to your head. You can always say no, you can always just get up and walk away.

We have stayed there numerous times as a non member on Cheap Caribbean deals for mini escapes. On the first day we say NO. If bothered again by a shark we say NO again and tell them that if they ask one more time we will report them to management. We have never in 6 trips or so been asked a third time.

BObK

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

I agree. You have to be an adult to even be approached. If you cannot take the time to weigh if this is something u want to sign Into then the problem is not with Lifestyle. All U gotta do is say no.

Boston...
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

OK. Let's get this in clear focus. This is a private club that grows and simply gets better with more members. If it's right for you, good, if not that's OK. The resort is simply showing you what is available to you. They respect your time there and want to present it to you early on in your vacation so that you have an early opportunity to join and be significantly upgraded for the rest of your vacation, and future visits. As far as drugging the liquor, you've got to be kidding! In fact, if you observe things closely, the sales staff suggests that you take your tour in the morning while you are fresh, and not at the end of a, how can I say this, long beach day imbibing various liquid spirits.

We have been shareholder members for a few years, and honestly don't regret joining for one moment. This has become our second home and as such we spend about 3 months of every year there. Believe me, if it were not an awesome club to join, we would find something else in a real hurry, as well as the hundreds of other members whom we know personally, who go there year after year. It really gets to be one big happy family.

Having said all that, if it is not your cup of tea, just say "no". It's as simple as that.

--- Bob

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

I bought there in 2002 for $8500.00. In 2011 I vacationing with a friend who was being harassed every day to buy a timeshare. She finally gave in and went to the sales office. I stayed at the pool because I wasn't spending 1 second of my vacation in a sales office. She did buy a timeshare but how she bought it was completely fraudulent. The salesman took my Agreement number, added her name to it and she paid him $6000.00. He had an upgraded Agreement drawn up using my Agreement number and credited the money I paid in 2002 to the upgraded agreement. So now this timeshare was $14500.00. All done without my knowledge and signature. I can't believe they think this was done legally. I've asked them for a signed copy of the upgraded agreement and, of course, they can't produce one. They need to refund my friend the $6000.00 she paid and put my agreement where it was. They had no right using the money I paid to suit their needs. No signature, no agreement.

Woodbridge, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

Wow this is so sketchy. We are unhappy members. We knew what we were signing but what they were telling was all a lie and still is.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

ONe post and you bring up a pretty bogus thread form nearly a year ago..

Do you have an agenda here???? Did you now have buyer's remorse???

BObK

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

They probably bought in as Jr suite members and are upset because they can't get a villa. As they say many times, upon availability. We are shareholders and love it there. A few hiccups here and there, but still a fabulous place. As many have said, you can simply say no, or just walk away.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

They probably bought in as Jr suite members and are upset because they can't get a villa. As they say many times, upon availability. We are shareholders and love it there. A few hiccups here and there, but still a fabulous place. As many have said, you can simply say no, or just walk away.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud

Reply to: Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) Membership Fraud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted