We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

anyone got any info ?? please

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

My review is on here but here's a brief summary.

Good staff, food OK but the hotel is soooo tired and needs a total refurb. The rooms really are filthy and horrible, totally disgusting. Three couples who checked in when I did moved to other hotels the first day they where there.

One swimming pool that is very busy. Beach is few minutes walk but is a lovely beach, but other hotels of course have access to the same beach so you'd get the same elsewhere. There is no activity centre at the beach for Dorado Club, it's shared with the other Hotetur. I walked along the beach and it was clear that other resorts on there had much better equipment and a wider range.

The Dorado Club survives on the entertainment staff, they are the ones that keep the guests happy. Without them the place just wouldn't be worth while. The evening shows are very poor though. I wouldn't usually watch shows in resorts but I did here because they where just so bad it was funny.

If you're thinking of here because it looks like a bargain, possibly through Cosmos, spend a little more and go elsewhere.

If you've already booked then my apologies if I've alarmed you.

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

Forgot to add this link , cut and copy this or look for the review titled The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. January last year.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147290-d152…

Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

I stayed at this resort one year ago. It was ok and we had a great time but we were with a group and would have a great time anywhere. The resort only has one pool and i found it very small. Yes the entertainment staff were great but the shows at night were only ok. I found alot of seniors at this resort. The food was ok and actually not bad. The room are just as they say very dated and old. OUr first room was very dark, dreery and I acually was scared there as it was on the ground just outside of a parking lot. We later moved into a suite with our friends and that was ok. It was very large with two bedrooms, two baths, sitting area etc and overlooked the beach and helicopter pad. It was ok but nothing special. I did like the location to the shopping as it was very close and the younger girls liked the location to the local bars in the playa dorada complex. The beach was nice and not a long walk just down a path. I did like the beach bar area and thought it was one of the nicest on the beach. I didn't like being bugged by time share always throughout the resort.Anyway we paid not much to go there so for the money it was ok but I would never go back and would pay a little more for something better. HOpe this helps

4. Re: any info on Hotetur Dorado Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 12:18