We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear at AIRPORT

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wiltshire, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear at AIRPORT

Hi Guys,

Leaving cold UK for sunny DR and have no idea what to wear for the best both going out and cominh ome - any suggestions?

(clothes, obviously!)

Also, are there any further hand luggage restrictions??

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

We come from New England and face the same problem. I usually wear a pair of workout or wind pants and a pair of shorts under them. That way I am warm on the plane and then I take off the pants when I reach the island.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

We're from Nova Scotia, and usually travel in April, so it's not very warm then. I wear capris, sandals or slip on sneakers, a tee shirt, light weight sweater and denim jacket. If we have an early flight, I know that we won't get into our rooms for several hours, so I wear a tankini bathing suit under my clothes and keep a cover-up and sunblock in my carry-on luggage. That way, I peel off and am ready for the beach or pool.

Mexborough, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

When are you travelling we went mid september going i wore crop jeans, t shirt and trainers and coming back we flew back from DR at 4 pm and it was red hot i wore shorts and vest top to airport and had a pair of crop trs in bag. Must say i did get quite a few funny looks arriving back to Doncaster at 5.30 am in vest top and crop trs it seemed everybody else had big winter coats. thing is it was warm in airport and car was waiting outside so did not have far to go.

Regarding hand luggage. i think you can now take travel size toiletries in you hand luggage give the airport a ring sure they will be able to advise you better.

birmingham .u.k
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

oh my god you need plane outfit!!!!!!

me and my sis have same prob every year!!! ha ha we go for combats and t. shirts with over top or jacket (sweatshirt type) it will obviously be hot when u land??? depends when u going??? but flip flops r good, but on way home have yr trainers to change into as will be usual bloody freezing here!!!!

Where you staying and when?? you will love it we have been twice now its ace!! people are great\!!!!!

bikini

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
638 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

We travel each year from the cold climates to follow the sun. Our airport wear of choice is zip-offs (cargo-style pants that zip off at the knee (to make long walking shorts) or above the knee (for short shorts), a tank-T with a longer sleeve polar max (thin, long sleeved shirt designed to protect from the cold) that can be easily removed and doesn't take up much space in the carry-on ... jacket, shoes.

New York City
Level Contributor
577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

When we travel in the winter, we wear jeans & sneakers with a short sleeve top. And we wear a sweatshirt with a hood. No coat. We figure we are just going straight into the taxi and when we arrive at the airport we are inside. So, that works for us. Its just such a pain to carry coats when traveling.`

Enjoy your vacation!

New York City
Level Contributor
577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

Save yourself the trouble and put all toiletries in your check-in luggage. Its just not worth the hassle.

Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

I leave from a cold climate and I always wear a pair of wind pants with shorts underneath along with a tank top, a fleece jacket and sneakers. I find the plane cold so I usually wait until we are driving up to the gate to remove my pants and jacket and stuff them in my carry on bag.

Chatham Ontario
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

Capris, tank, jacket/"blazer"...anything I would wear in the spring - with shorts and bathing suit in carry on in case you can't check in right away...

10. Re: What to wear at AIRPORT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:16