We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which block is best ~ Occidental Allegro

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
Which block is best ~ Occidental Allegro

My husband and I are heading down to DR on February 2nd and staying at the Occidental Allegro and was wondering which block of rooms are best. We have requested a balcony, but I have heard different review regarding the blocks. We are in our early 30's, don't mind much noise, but would like some privacy. A short walk to the main pool and bar would be great!

Please feel free to email me or post your comments

andrea.charron@cogeco.ca

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which block is best ~ Occidental Allegro

Blocks 5 and 6 are the most recently refurbished. We stayed in block 6 and found it to be fine. There is a little longer walk to the beach, but no big deal. We had a balcony that overlooked the "quiet" pool and the area where they had games. It was very quiet except for the night they had karaoke, and that was early in the evening. We sat out on our balcony listening to the singers.

There are some units that are water view, but the balconies on these were "juliet" balconies. Meaning they had a sort of gate across the front so you couldn't sit out on the balcony, just look through to it. I would prefer a balcony to sit out on as this is one of my favorite parts of a vacation. I love sitting out in the early morning or the early evening while my husband is getting ready to go out, and people watch, or read a good book.

2. Re: Which block is best ~ Occidental Allegro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 16:18