We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hi

It's getting nearer to our holiday (18 August)and I am still reading the reviews and forums on a daily basis, sad I know, but when you pay £3000 for a holiday for a family of 3 I don't expect a rusty/urine stained bathroom, holes in the sheets and general disrepair.

Surely as a hotel these issues are should not arise.

I know that there are those that recommend the hotel and can't say enough good things about it, but it seems that they are in the famous block 1 & 3 and obviously don't experience these rooms that people are generally talking about or did so many moons ago.

What is it about the british traveller, why do we get the cheap run down rooms!

If those of you travel to CDM on a regular basis and are in close contact with the management team out there, why isn't the message getting to the right people with regards to the discontent from their customers, maybe they should come on tripadvisor and read a few reviews.

I should have to sit here reading countless reviews, crossing my fingers hoping that I don't get a room with all the issues that have been wrote about.

thanks

Sandra

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hi Sandra,

It is my understanding from the Sales force at the resort that certain tour operators have contracts in place to sell certain blocks of rooms and that is why the guests that book with them are assigned to those buildings...

And the message is getting through...but contracts are in place with those operators...

I can assure you that I copy and send these things downt to both management and sales...

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

ps/ if you want to email me please do

baltobabe@gmail.com

west Yorkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hi Sandra

I have hust returned from here and I can tell you my first room the valance sheet was disgusting stained and very dirty. The bed smelt as well. Us guests from the UK seem to get the lowest end of the rooms. I know that the tour operators get allocated certain buildings from the hotel and price the holidays according, but from what I saw even with Thomson limited sea view rooms that you pay a large surcharge for, I believe that those rooms will be the same but on the first or secound floor as from the balcony you can see the sea. You will not get put in to building 1 or 3. I meet a guest who was in one of those buildings and he said the difference is unblieveable to the rooms in Building 2 & 5.

Apart from the rooms the hoterl is fab couldnt ask for anything more. Even the entertainers spoke to us a few tmnes but realised we like to relax so did not pestered us to join the activies which I know from previous holidays can be a pain.

You will have a great time just dont expect the Ritz

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hi Fusspotuk

We read the reviews and are worried to as we go late August....If i was Management at the hotel i would put things right and advoid getting bad reviews.

Im sure the management must read these reviews and with the amount of people who are complaining they should have got their act together by now and took some positive action...!!!

Jackie & Mick.

Oxford
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

I got a message back from Thomson's yesterday. They said that they had contacted CDM and they are undergoing renovations!!! Dont we all know it. But at last at least Thomson's have agreed that some work will be taking place. I have changed to IHD and thomsons have accepted the extra administration charges. I have paid an extra £130 for 2 of us for the two weeks. I now feel as though I will get not only my money's worth but a good hotel without worrying about what block i will be going in. I hope that block 5 has been renovated by the time you all arrive. However, I still think that despite the bad reviews about the blocks for UK holiday-makers the resort is nice, and you will have a fab time.

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hello All,

I am booked with Thomsons to go to C.D.M. 10th august for 2 weeks. I am going to contact Thomson tomorrow because of the reviews they are shocking!! Most of us have to save for our well earned holidays and I'm sorry to the loyal regular customers of the C.D.M. it really sounds like a nightmare than changing into a Dreams Resort. C.D.M. is advertised as a 4 star plus resort in the U.K. I have been to hotels of less stars in many places but have never seen reviews like this hotel has had recently. The management should realise people do not want a lottery for their rooms they want somewhere that you can walk in and not worry about having to stand in reception begging and having to pay extra for a room you expected in the first place.

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

I have just been in touch with Thomson Pre Departures that Block 4 of C.D.M. is under minor refubishment Thomson classes this as a scale 1 so their is no need for Thomson to notify their clients. The hotel is also preparing to have additional work carried out next month i.e. building of conference center only then, MAY the work be catagorised as catagory 2 when Thomson clients will be informed. Which is great news for us departing in august!! My advice is if you are not happy in resort put in a complaint to the Thomson rep who will be able to pass on peoples complaints and concerns and Thomson may decide to inform their clients of work going on!! After all we are the people that have spent our hard earned cash on just wanting a decent hotel!I was informed if I cancelled at this stage I would lose 70% of my money and if I changed hotel there would be charges incurred plus the extra price of another hotel.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

Hi All

Unbelievable the way that Thomsons treat their customers, this is the last time I travel with Thomsons, which is a shame because we enjoyed the riu chain in mexico and they have the monopoly on these hotels.

We know how quiet things are kept, we were due to fly to Beach Club in Torremolinos, but read about all these families going down with a food bug, they denied it to the end, we finally changed to somewhere else, then we some time later the news broadcasts that at this hotel it was the biggest claim against holiday companies of all times!! It is sorted the hotel now and my parents went to the hotel 2 years prior and had a fab time, but things change.

I have researched reviews to find decent hotels in should i need to change, but with it being August all the decent ones are booked up and that is why we booked 18 months ahead in the first place. unless you go to the north side that is and we have been there, Gran Ventana. We loved the holiday, though there was those who complained there. This time though we want a decent beach holiday.

So please please if anyone can help with regards to update on these grotty rooms i would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

Fusspot

8. Re: CDM - Yet more poor reviews!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 08:20