We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba

I am staying at GBP LaRomana in Sept. Having read this post on this forum would it be worth me arranging dives with another company in and travelling to Bayahibe.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba

Pete, which post did you read? In general, I like some of the private independent companies offering services similar to those at the hotels, but it depends on what you're looking for and if budget is a concern. If you have to get back and forth to Bayahibe on your own (40 minutes) it may add up, but then again, the price offered by the dive shop at the hotel may be factoring that in and it could be equal in the end.

Kaki

Mooretown
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba

Sorry for butting in

Kaki who is the Dive shop there how do we check them out.

thanx

Ferg

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba

Over the years living in DR and travelling constantly to the Bayahibe-Dominicus area I have came across many scuba companies: Some working at Hotels and some 100% independent.

I have apartments that I rent in the area and many of my clintes have asked me about scuba excursions. I used o recommend a few , but since 2 years ago I ONLY recommed the services of DIVING DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, as they have proven me to be the best. They are quite reasonably priced, they offer the best personalized service in the area, and bring you to the very best spots.

On top of that the administrators themselves take you to the scuba trips, not like othes where they will send you with employees...so you are guaranteed 100% personal service!!!

You can see many reviews here on Tripadvisor, and also in their facebook page: facebook.com/l/c4879UOyG8qGK9qXAWSn5V1YUWg

Their web page is www.divingdominicanrepublic.com and their contact email is info@divingdr.com

I personally give them the TOP ratings, and don't recommend anything else since my customers have spoken wonders about Vlad's service, and their team.

4. Re: Scuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 07:17