We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sellinsgrove
1 post
Save Topic
looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

My husband and would like to take our children on the vaccation of a life time.Their ages are 16 and 17 years old.what resort do you reccomend?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

Sunscape Casa del Mar is now called Dreams LaRomana.

Its a nice resort. We took our there.

Happy Travels!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

Your AI choices are:

In Bayahibe - Dreams La Romana (as posted above)

In Dominicus (5 minute taxi ride from Bayahibe) Viva Wyndham Palace, Viva Wyndham Beach, Iberostar Hacienda, Catalonia Gran Dominicus, Be Live Canoa

Both those locations are 15 minutes from La Romana airport, 90 from Punta Cana or Santo Domingo airports.

There is also Gran Bahia Principe La Romana which is 45-50 minutes from La Romana and Santo Domingo airports and about 2 hours from Punta Cana airport.

IMO Dreams & Iberostar are the nicest, both have good snorkeling from the beach (DLR is slightly better + located 5 minute walk to Bayahibe village - restaurants + bars, more to see and do there off resort).

GBPLa Romana is near a river so the water can be murky.

Have fun wherever you end up!

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

what about the Wyndham resorts in La Romana. Any comparison to Dreams & IB ?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

The Viva resorts in Dominicus are the same resorts as in La Romana (they are marketed under La Romana)

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

but, how nice are the wyndham resorts, compared to Dreams & IB ?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

The beach is great at the Viva, and due to the fact that you can usually get a room for less money there (for what you get, you shouldn't be paying more than for the other resorts), you'll usually find a youthful population and more of a party. I don't know how that relates to teens who don't gain access to the disco though...

As a hotel, I think that both the Iberostar and Dreams are superior. Dreams has the best organized teens club/activities in the area and is the best hotel in the zone in my opinion. There's lots at Dreams for all ages, and I've not heard of better from-the-beach snorkeling in the country.

Kaki

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

Not sure about comparisons since we've only been to IHD, but our teenagers love it there. We're taking them back there again this summer actually. My kids are pretty layed back though so it might not be quite as exciting for those who prefer a more vibrant scene.

8. Re: looking for alll inclusive in dominican La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:16