We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

We are traveling to La Romana on Thursday, the weather shows downpour 24/7. Does anyone know what the weather is actually like?

Is it raining? Is it on an off rain - do we need an umbrella or if we can cancel, should we consider coming a few months later?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

Keep an eye on the webcam halfway down the page at www.dominicanrepublic411.com/index.html

There is rain throughout the period May to October, with May traditionally being a month of high rain, but not much more than the next months. Should you opt to cancel, you're gambling with selecting another time that would serve you better. You can see a chart showing precip levels at www.dominicanrepublic411.com/weather.html La Romana is the line along the bottom

I always have an umbrella in my luggage (don't pack it in your carry on or it may be confiscated on the plane) and a light windbreaker can be a bonus since if there's a breeze and it's damp, it may feel either humid or rather chilly. I have some water shoes that I can wear in the ocean but aren't so unsightly that I wouldn't wear them elsewhere. They are usually pulled out on the rainy days (at home too). Watch your footwear though since the marble and tile floors can get slick when wet and cheap flip flops may not be your friend.

Kaki

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

I never put much faith into the weather forecasts....they always seem to predict rain.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

The forecast ALWAYS says rain, shower, thunderstorm.

I post daily weather updates for Bayahibe where Dreams resort is on FB page https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe of if you don't use Facebook you can read the same on http://www.discoverbayahibe.com

Last couple days we had some quick showers. Yesterday was raining around 6 PM for 20 minutes (if), the rest of the day was nice. Also don't forget, even if it is raining it's still HOT :)

Happy Travel

Denise

4. Re: May 5 - May 11 - Downpour in La Romana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:15