We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

Last year I starde this thread on the casa de campo fees:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147292-i243-k3149…

Now there are more news on this .......not good by the way...

Casa de Campo has decided to stop charging the US$5 to the guests staying at other All Inclusive Resorts showing their brazalets or keys.

Now EVERYONE coming from outside, not invite, not guest, not property renting, etc, has to pay the normal US$25 fee , for accesing casa de campo, including Altos de Chavon :-(

The only people that will still be charged only US$5 will be those travelling with an authorised touroperator, and also the guests staying at "Dreams Resorts". Dreams has reached an agreement with casa de campo, and their clients only pay US$5 only if concierce sends an emil informing of the names of the guests 24 housr before de visit.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

WOW, that is not a good news for us :(

Oh well, what can we do?

Thanks for the update Monica

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

In my opinion, its defenetelly not good news for TOURISM in general.

Ok, the place its private and I understand that, but since its one of the TOP paces to visit while in Dominican Republic, Casa de Campo should be more flexible with tourists from resorts at least!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

It was great when we could enter Altos de Chavon through the side entrance, that way people didn't have to go through the private parts of Casa de Campo.

This way the restaurants, shops and also Altos de Chavon is loosing lots of money.

I agree, this is not good for tourism in general.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

Are these fees still in place? I was hoping to go to Altos de Chavon but not if the fees are still being charged. My family is staying in a guest house in Bayahibe and the cost for us all is prohibitive. I'm hoping for good news!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

Unfortunately the fee is still charged :(

Denise

6. Re: More news on Casa de Campo Admission Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2012, 10:15