We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

Hello,

The US state department has issued warnings recently about armed robberies for passengers traveling from the Santo Domingo airport at night in taxis/cars. Unfortunately my flight is booked and I will be arriving at 4am and have to travel 2 hours to get to my hotel in Bayahibe and I will be traveling alone.

Does anyone have suggestions on a company I can use for transportation to Bayahibe or would it be just as safe/dangerous to pick up a taxi?

Thank you for your help

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

Take a taxi from the airport. Take your normal precautions and you will be fine. These reports are overblown and tourists are not the typical target.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,348 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

The "ring" or thieves who were at the core of the problem have been dealt with so no longer a porbllem. Get a taxi at the airport and you should be fine.

BObK

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

Hola: Looks at these companies. Very reputable.

dominicanairporttransfers.com

www.cocotours.com

Get prices. You should not have any problems at all. You must be on the Jet Blue flight. We almost took that flight, but were able to get a better price flying into LRM. We were going to use Dominican Airport Transfers. When and what resort are you going to???

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

If the warning is new, then they are a bit behind the news. It was an issue few months ago and as said above it wasn't random.

If you take a taxi you will be fine. The night rate is around 110 USD for up to 5 people.

Happy travel

Denise

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

Thank you for all the replies, I feel much better about flying in at this hour.

6. Re: How to go from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about La Romana
Recent Conversations