We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Rentals in La Romana

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter Rentals in La Romana

I have been visiting La Romana for the past 4 months now staying with my novia in our apartment and have been renting a car at the aiprort. I'll be returning again in November for 13 days and over the Christmas holiday for 20 days, and it's getting kind of expensive. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place in La Romana where you can rent moter scooters, the vespa type. . . .

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter Rentals in La Romana

Not sure about La Romana town but currently there is nowhere renting scooters in Bayahibe or Dominicus. If you do decide to scooter it, then make sure you have full insurance and a good medical insurance cover in case of an accident (where you'll have to pay up front for medical treatment). I drive a jeep here everyday but I'd never get on a scooter for a ride outside of Bayahibe village! Hundreds of locals use motorbikes and scooters but for me it's just not worth the risk. Oh and watch out for potholes in the road!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter Rentals in La Romana

Thank you.... Yes, I know I have been staying in La Romana since the spring off and on, and normally rent a car. I've driven all around La Romana, and to Bayahibe, Bavaro, Las Terrenas, Sosua, La Capital,, Juan Dolio, San Pedro, Higuey, and many other areas of the country. So well I'm aware of the roads and driving habits of the country... It's no problem once one adjusts to the conditions. We're actually looking to but a scooter for the novia and the kids.

Once again, thanks for your words and wisdom

streetscaper

3. Re: Scooter Rentals in La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about La Romana