We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Brookville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Has anyone ever used JM Transfers from Santo Domingo Airport to the LaRamona. I got a quote and their private round-trip price for 4 is really good. Makes me kinda nervous as it is really good. $175. When the other prices were $285-$600.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

If you take a taxi at the airport, you don't need to pre-book anything, there are many of them waiting. Their rate is 100 - 110 USD USD one way for up to 5 people. For the night they charge additional 10%

Happy travel

Denise

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

The 285 to 600 are rip offs. Taxis are plentiful at SDQ, agree on the rate before leaving the airport, ask the Dispatchers for an air conditioned mini van.

Logan City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi, the cheapest airport transfers we found during our travels is booking on airport shuttles costing from $12.50-$16.00 per person thats if you dont mind having other passengers in the van. They are very handy and well priced.They could be booked in the internet. Drivers are very pleasant and helpful.This service is better than buses or taxis, I find as you dont have to que in line or wonder if you are being taken for a ride.The service is from the airport or hotel to your destination that simple and very comfortable, no stress.

We had a problem though with RED VANS in LA because our pick up was changed by them to a time that was not going to be helpful for us so we had to scamper at the very last limited minute to find another airport shuttle to take us to the airport which proved to be very stressful indeed.The Blue vans came to our rescue took us to the airport at a very very short notice.Good on you Blue Vans, you do a good job for a very minimal fee of $16.50/person.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

Aurora, as you can see the dates on the original posts are from October 2012, so I guess the people had their vacation already. Also I haven't heard about airport shuttles. As far as I know they do not exist in Dominican republic.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi Demi and Aurora!

These old posts are still very useful!! Can you please confirm that if I get to PUJ (Punta Cana Airport) there will be an airport shuttle to take me to Bayahibe?

Thank you both!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

As I said in my earlier post, there are no airport shuttles in this country! The post from Aurora does not apply to Dominican Republic!

You have to either pre arrange transportation through online transport companies or get a taxi at the airport.

Denise

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

Thank you, Denise! I read that the hotel has an airport shuttle service. That'll do.

Thanks again!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers

But it's not free, you have to pay for it and the prices are not much different than prices of a taxi.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers

As Demi says the resorts do not have their own shuttle bus going back and forth to the airport but arrange your transfer with their preffered supplier.

10. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:16