We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

Santa Ana
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

My husband & I will be in La Romana on 12/19. We'll be on Oceania's Rivera docking @8AM. We're looking for names of local tour companies to see what type of tours they offer for sightseeing around La Romana. We're strictly interested in culture, history, etc. We'll be there from 8am-4pm.

Appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks.

Johanna & Howard Wallach

wallcojw@sbcglobal.net

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
1. Re: Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 02:35
Santa Ana
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

I just read your posting guidelines to see what was inappropriate on the posting I submitted and would like to know exactly what I posted that you deemed INAPPROPRIATE? All I wanted to find out were some local tour company names in La Romana and stated what were interested in seeing while there.

Johanna

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

Johanna

That message appears when a message has been removed. It's not your posting that has been removed but someone else self promoting

You have a list of things to do

Under La Romana and Bayahibe that you can take a look for some suggestions

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

There is a small but interesting archeological museum inside Altos de Chavon with many Taino and pre-Columbian artifacts. There is a shuttle running from port to Altos de Chavon, I think it's around $US10pp.

http://www.casadecampo.com.do/altos-de-chavon

For culture & history you need to go to Santo Domingo which is too far for your cruise stop time.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 22:52
Mentioned in this post
Altos de Chavon
Altos de Chavon
1,710 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
5. Re: Interested in names of local tour companies for La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about La Romana