We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Rouge

I know a lot of us are travelling AC Rouge. I'm not sure if you are aware that this is a very cramped airplane. The seating is very squished together, will very little leg room.

I have chatted with other people that didn't realize and were told by their travel agents that there are NO upgraded seats to be purchased..

This is NOT true. The first 4 rows on the plane off a "wide" seat. that has a lot more leg room and the seats recline a little bit more.

These seats aren't cheap 40.00 each way per person. But, I've heard are well worth the expense.

We booked these seats. And will let you know in a couple weeks.

Charlene

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Also for those who didn't pick it up in the one resort review. AC Rouge does NOT have inflight entertainment. There is no screen for movies or TV shows. What it does offer is an App, that lets you stream movies etc to your device.

There is also no complimentary meal during the flight, there is stuff to purchase to eat. But no duty free buy on board.

If you're looking to buy something duty free to have while you are away, best to pick it up at the airport before you go.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I just flew with AC Rouge a couple of days ago. There is an upgraded cabin (not a separate cabin really, just the first few rows that are separate with a curtain once the plane is in the air).

I sat in the back, but the seats appeared to be the exact same seats that are at the back. The difference is that the middle seat is left empty. There are pillows on that seat when the passengers get on the plane. There may be extra leg room, but it didn't appear to me to be much different.

The AC app must be downloaded before you get on the plane. I'm not sure which devices are supported, but I do know that ipads are. They rent ipads for I believe $10 for use during the flight as well.

ktown

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I wonder if those are the seats we booked... row 3.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm... would like to know now?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Rouge

When I called to change ours, they are called preferred, we were told they had more leg room, and even if it's only 5 or 6 inches, that makes a huge difference when you're sitting there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Seats are rediculously tight.I flew to punta cana with them but i hear they are also doing transatlantic flights so they must have a different type of plane for that route.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada Rouge

So glad we've purchased the upgrade.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Thanks for the info on the seats- first time flying with Rouge. I will be calling when I get home to see if these seats are available for our flight.

42 days! :-)))))

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada Rouge

its the first 4 rows, only,

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I just called AC to upgrade to the premium seating selection and the cost I was quoted is $80 PP.

Size of the regular seats are 29inches in width and the premium seating is 35.

Jeesh.....

*Sigh*

Edited: 01 March 2014, 00:02
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Curious to know if the middle seat with the pillow will remain empty?

Were the seats a solid chair or was the arm moveable to give the seat an open feel?

I ask because I was wondering if I can cuddle (steal) hubby's seat space too, hahaha