We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from bogainville any questions?

Antigonish, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
just back from bogainville any questions?

Had a great trip. My travel agent says we share the same champagne taste on a beer salary and this is how I think of this trip. Great value for your money for a high end adults only in a beautiful location. Review to follow. In the meantime, I would be happy to answer questions and pay it forward.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: just back from bogainville any questions?

We had read the posts about mosquitos in the Dominican Republic. We just returned from a week at the Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville in La Romana, DR. We had our big can of bug spray with DEET. But, we never saw any mosquitos at the resort, no bugs of any kind anywhere. They fog in the evenings so I'm sure that helps keep the bugs away. We only had an issue with mosquitos in the van taking us to an excursion to Sanoa Island. He must have left the windows open where he was parked near trees!

Take spray if you're going out into the country side, but if you're staying on a resort or going into Santo Domingo or another major city, you'll be fine!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: just back from bogainville any questions?

Please need to know how far this resort is from the PC airport? how long the ride and cost for taxi for 2, This place looks amazing glad you had a great time! Thanks!

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: just back from bogainville any questions?

We'll be going to GBP Bouganville in October. Do they offer the private dinner on the beach? We stayed at GBP Ambar last time, and loved it.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: just back from bogainville any questions?

I am confused! are there two hotels with the same name in the same area but one is the luxury one?

Looking on Thomsons, they are offering good deals but the description describes the luxury one but the specifications, ie rooms and how many reviews from Tripadvisor, match the non luxury one. I am loathe to book as the luxury one has great reviews and the other one hasn't.

45. Re: just back from bogainville any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 07:16