We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

We have been to the Ambar and Esmeralda and wanted to know how the entertainment at night stacks up to Punta Cana resort. There are 6 of us going so the transfers get expensive, is it worth it, or are we better off to go to the Punta Cana section of Bahia in Punta Cana?? ( I am afraid that we have become spoiled :( )

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

I too would like to know this as well, been to the Ambar 5 times and Bouganville looks lovely so researching that for our annual holiday.

Triton, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

Stayed at the Ambar and Bouganville last year, the Bouganville is very nice and new compared to ambar. Your entertainment at Bouganville will be at the La Romana side , The Beach and entertainment is better at the Punta Cana side in Punta Cana , lots more to do there. We are returning to Bouganville again this year for our 25th anniversary , one week there and one week at Now Larimar. The Staff and the Pool area is very nice..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

Thanks for your feedback, I was wondering about how the nightly entertainment stacked up.

Were there a lot of off site tour options from La Romana?

SInce you are using 2 different resorts, I assume that you book your own flights and transfers? Do you fly into La Romana?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your feedback!

Triton, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

Basically the same excursions are offered there as Punta Cana. I booked two weeks at different resorts with Airtransat. They did the flights , resorts , and transfers.

5. Re: Lxxury bahia Bouganville as compared to Luxury Bahia Ambar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:18