We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to take?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
529 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What to take?

My daughter is off to Punta Cana and Melia Caribe Tropical...

What kind of things are good to take as 'tips' for the Maids etc?

Thanks!

alberta
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to take?

When I have gone to Mexico (leaving soon for P.C.) I always took money... I would leave a few dollars a day.

Two Hills, Alberta...
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to take?

Money is the best. If you give any other gifts besides money you will have to give them a note saying you are giving them a gift.,otherwise they probably won't get it of the resort. We met a local on the beach who took us on a tour of Higuey. We gave him a big tip at the end of the day, which he greatly appreciated. On our last day we met him on the beach and he asked us if we had any leftover shampoo, toothpaste, etc. and if we would give it to him as it is very expensive to buy. But he asked us to write him a note that we were giving him this stuff, because if he got caught with it he said he would be in alot of trouble.

3. Re: What to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:16