We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Atlanta
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Wow, what a great trip....

The Paradisus PC is the best resort we have ever stayed at.

From the 10 restaurants, clean rooms, friendly staff, AMAZING beach, there is everything you can need or want.

We traveled with our 11 year old and had no problems finding things for him to do. Included in our package was horseback riding, and scuba diving.

Bavaro beach was IMO much nicer than Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. It was very wide with plenty of room never making you feel crowded.

I want to thank the person that posted that we should ask for a room close to the pool! Boy, that really helped.

When we checked in, we requested a room in building 10 which is poolside with a balcony. They checked and said they could get us one but it would be a couple of hours to be ready but it was worth it.

(I tipped the guy because they don't have to give you a requested location)

When you stay there, you are steps from all the restaurants and beach. If you forget something in your room, no

big deal....

So, ask for that location FOR SURE.

The food was great in all restaurants except the Chinese where it was nothing special. If you want to eat at the French, Japanese or "the Romantico", make sure to make reservations as soon as you get there.

Tips for the beach:

Every day there were towels layed on some of the best chairs under the shaded areas. We noticed that nobody EVER came to sit in those chairs day after day... ALL DAY.

The resort has a "no reserve policy" but most people don't know about it and will not sit in a chair with a towel.

If you don't see any personal items on a chair, I would take it and don't worry. I would even clear the towels off of chairs that had been there for hours to make room for others that were looking for good ones. My wife started calling me the "chair manager" :)

There is a Volleyball and soccer area on the beach and my son played for hours every day with other kids.

We will definitely be back!!

Any questions???

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Thanks for the tip about a room by the pool. I am getting married at Paradisus Punta Cana in April 2008 (unless I decide to opt for Sunscape the Beach, based on reviews over the next few months before securing our wedding date), but we have our heart set on PPC!). So, I'm looking for any basic feedback, opinions, or suggestions. Did you see any weddings during your stay? Is there a lot of smoking? Tough to get reservations for dinner? Any thoughts on reception areas for a group of 50? Thanks a bunch!!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Scvino, We did see a wedding while we were there on the beach.

The smoking was normaly in and around the bars but of course

there was also smoking in the restaurants which is a bummer but not much you can do about it.

You must make reservations at The Romantico, Japanese and the French restaurants and I would do it a week before you get there or as soon as you arrive. We were not able to make reservations because we waited too late. It was no big deal to me beacause I liked the ones we went to except for the Chinese.

I know The Paradidus Palma Real is addult only so if you don't want kids around, maybee consider it instead.

There were some kids there but mostly adults anyway.

If the resort is crowded when you go, try to eat when the restaurants

first open and there will never be a line to get in.

I would do the reception in any of the facilities.

The lobby area is beautiful with a big bar and dance area, might

be a good choice.

At night the beach is dead. I saw very few people out there at night.

The staff is friendly and happy to assist you.

I would recommend you talk to your local health department and

get a few shots before you go away.

hepatitis A & B for sure ( you can get that anywhere ) why not be protected from that liver destroying desease witha simple shot?

Please take mosquito repellant for everyone.

I got a nasty bite on scalp and it is still a bump!.

Bottom line is to be prepared in every way to insure the best time for all...

Thanks for the tip about a room by the pool. I am getting married at Paradisus Punta Cana in April 2008 (unless I decide to opt for Sunscape the Beach, based on reviews over the next few months before securing our wedding date), but we have our heart set on PPC!). So, I'm looking for any basic feedback, opinions, or suggestions. Did you see any weddings during your stay? Is there a lot of smoking? Tough to get reservations for dinner? Any thoughts on reception areas for a group of 50? Thanks a bunch!!!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Execllent. Thanks so much. I am not concerened about kids. We actually might have one or two attend the wedding. It seems we will have a pretty good turnout. It's been tough to find feedback about PPC ... so I appreciate your input. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on! How is the nightlife? I will have many guests who want to call it a night early, and many others who will want to stay up into the wee hours...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Just a quick FYI--The Paradisus Palma Real is not adult only, as stated above--they actually have a separate Family Concierge, that is just like the RS, but for families--there were alot of families at PPR when we were there.

Just wanted to clarify, so no one booked thinking they were getting an adults only resort.

Thanks for all the good info on PPC, we are concidering that next time we go if we take our children :-)

dreamland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Hi hlkAtlanta, so glad to hear you had a great time. We're headed down on the 24 and can't wait. It seems to be very diffucult in getting any info on this resort so it's nice to hear anything about it especially positives things.

Dreamy

nj
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

Hey hlkAtanta, I'm glad to see a good review of PPC as we're going on 3/30 with our 10-yr old son. Did you do the Family Concierge?

7. Re: Paradisus PC - Just Returned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 13:16