We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries, Virginia
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

Does anybody know if the Riu Vallarta filters their water? I'm concerned that they might use unfiltered city water in which case everybody says, don't use ice, eat anything rinsed with water, avoid frozen drinks, etc... you get the idea. I've heard of some resorts that fiter all of their water. So, does anybody know for sure??? Just trying not to get sick while I'm there. Leaving in less than 2 weeks!!! I can't wait.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,797 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

First of all Welcome to the Punta Cana Dominican Republic forums.

Riu Vallarta is 10 miles north of Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Do not drink water from tap, use bottled water only.

Ice and food preparation is done with purified water, we had no problems with any food or drink, in fact the food was excellent..

Here is the link to the Puerto Vallarta forums

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150793-i46-Puerto…

Dumfries, Virginia
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

Yeah, I know. As soon as I made the post I realized it was in the wrong place. I tried to pull the posting but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

You can make icecubes in your mini-fridge, just remember to use bottled water to do so. You'll enjoy yourself we were there last Dec.

4. Re: Water Quiality at the Riu Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 14:15