We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any need to bring ........?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Any need to bring ........?

On our other island trips we'd bring along beach towels because we'd rent a car and go find a beach for the day. This is our first trip to PC and I'm thinking there is no need. Does anyone bring them? Also, on a side note, we are thinking of bringing our own snorkling equiptment, do most people bring theirs? I hate the thought of using someone elses? Thanks!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Barb beach towels are supplied but we bring our own brightly coloured ones because they are easy to spot from the water when swimming. At the resort all the towels are the same colour and the chairs all look the same. As for snorkel equipment we brought our own as it is better quality and you know where it is when you want to use it.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any need to bring ........?

We always bring our own snorkel gear so we can roam the beach at will and not worry about rental times. Also I have small feet and have trouble getting flippers to fit me. I bought my snorkel set at Sam's Club (Ocean Pacific brand) for around $50 and it has a special valve to prevent water from coming back in if you dive below the surface. It was a great investment!

Starz

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Ditto on the towels and ditto on the snorkel equipment.

Point of bringing own snorkeling equipment, ony your mouth has ever been on it and you can have it all the time, not just the hour or so that the resort lets you have it.

STARZ, I have the same snorkel equipment. Love that valve!

PRIZE

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Thanks everyone for your answers. I was leaning towards bringing them, but the "to bring pile" in my bedroom is getting quite big. And I don't leave until June!!!! So, I'll take my huge, brightly colored towels and I really did want my own snorkel equiptment. We have some pretty good stuff (gotta love that valve!). We've gone to Cozumel and the Caymans several times and thought it was worth the investment.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Prize what a coincidence!

I absolutely love my snorkel gear. That valve works great!

I don't care for choking on sea water; LOL!

Starz

henderson
Level Contributor
778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any need to bring ........?

I am w/ Norscaner. Bring your own towels and snork equip.

We like to have our own towels along incase we do a day trip and accidentially forget our towels somewhere along the way...then we don't have the hassle of "towel fee" at the end of our trip.

barb....you don't leave until June...I would guess you are pretty darned excited about this trip!! Good for you!! I hope it's a good one for you!! Enjoy!

Ohio
Level Contributor
832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Barb,

go to walmart and buy a couple of the space bags. Get the kind you just roll up, not the vacuum seal ones. Then put your beach towels in them and roll the air out. It does save space on things like that. I also put some of my clothes (non wrinkle) in them. and I take along a couple of extra to put the dirty clothes in for the way home, it makes room for the things I buy. I just tried my beach towel in one yesterday. It is just now starting to take in a little air. But for 8 hours in the suitcase it does a great job.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any need to bring ........?

Waterbug,

Good idea on the spacesavers! I just sit on my suitcase and hope I get the zipper to zip and that it doesn't burst somewhere along the way! Been there, done that, don't wanna do it again!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any need to bring ........?

you are allowed on carry on not including your purse. Here was a way I got more things with me. I used my beach bag as my purse!!! MP3, Agenda, book, magazine, tickets, lip balm, suduko puzzles, pens, snacks, etc....more room in my beach bag than my purse that is for sure. I have the kind of beach bag with compartments everywhere.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any need to bring ........?

DUAL, I also use my beach bag as a purse. Allows me to put more stuff in the carryon. Then, I also use my fanny pack for money, i.d. etc. Yes, I look dorky, but who cares.

STARZ, Yes, I sit on the luggage too. LOLOLOL But, am going to try the space savers.

Another tip for snorkel equipment, buy a mesh laundry bag to put them in after use. Makes it easier to keep it together, without messing with the poll stuff, and it makes it easier to rinse off sand.

PRIZE