We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus punta Cana

Our family of 11, incl. my wife & I, our adult kids , & their 3 toddlers, just spent a week at PPC.

Nothing but rave reviews! Excellent accommodations, spectacular grounds, great facilities, friendly and very accommodating staff, good, and plentiful food... really, just overall a great resort!

Chosen an basis ot trip advisor reviews, and was definitely not disappointed!

Would be happy to answer any questions.

new jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

did you consider the parasisus palma real? If so, how did you decided between the two?

Cape Cod, Ma.
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

excited, are you going to PPR and when?

new jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

yes i'm booked the last week of march but am getting really nervous given the recent extrememly negative reviews. I'm considering changing hotels.

Cape Cod, Ma.
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

mostly negative about the food though, I would not worry ,we are booked for April11-18 and i am sticking with it!

stokdoc ,how was the food at the PPC?

nj
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

stokdoc, glad you liked it. We're booked at PPC3/30-4/5 with our ten year old. Did you do Family Concierge? Did you take malaria meds? Would love to hear more. LPN

Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

For what it's worth, we spoke to some people who had been staying @ the PPR, but weren't happy, so they moved to the PPC, which they found to be far superior. I also did meet some people who had stayed @ both, and also found PPC superior.

I totally disagree with the negative food reviews. OK, maybe not Michelin 5 star, but very good, fresh, and great variety.

Yes, we did take the Chloroquin, as per Health Canada recommendations. Kids got lots of bites, but probably from sand bugs, rather than mosquitoes, which were out @ nite.

Family concierge not really necessary. Our 3 little grandchildren were in Heaven on the beach and @ the pools. Very kid friendly!

Baby sitting available for $10 US/hr.

LOL, and have a fab trip!

nj
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

Thanks for the info. Did you experience any side effects from the malaria meds? I'm hesitating giving them to our son because of what I've read. My husband's and my doctor didn't recommend them for us, while our son's pediatrician did for him? I am in a quandry.

Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

My wife developed mild blurry vision & red eyes 2 days after she took the first dose, mainly in the AMs, but it resolved completely after 3 days. Hard to tell if it was the meds or a virus. I had no problem, nor did my 2, 3, & 4 yo grandchildren. My son and his wife felt a bit nauseated after the first dose, but no probles after the 2nd.

Overall, it's very well tolerated.

You should check with the CDC website, as well as Health Canada for more info. we contacted 2 ID experts, both of whom did recommend the med.

There are mosquitoes, but I suspect that the risk of acquiring Malaria @ the resort are very low.

new jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

Is it Malarone that's been prescribed? The first time I took it, I felt fluish and ran a lowgrade fever for a day. The second time, I was fine for the entire time, which was about 3 weeks. I agree with the previous post-you should check the malaria risk because I think it's pretty low.. It may be fine to just use a bug spray with Deet on your clothes, or Avon Skin so soft.

nj
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus punta Cana

excited, thanks. That's the way we're leaning right now.