We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance

Hello everyone, I just have a question about upgrading to a club room from a standard suite. I know I will pay more than I would have if we originally booked it but my wife did not understand what the club rooms came with at the time. She did not understand because I was the one who was doing the research. We are going for our one year wedding anniversary and are staying October 28th- November 4th. I was just wondering how much the upgrade might be and the odds of being able to upgrade once we get to the resort. I read it is slower that time of year but that the club rooms are in high demand. I sent an email to the resort just asking the same questions but have not heard anything yet. I want to upgrade because I just want our first anniversary to be special and think it would be worth it. Thanks

30 replies to this topic
Ohio
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance

Club normally runs year round full. How did you book? Chances of getting club when you arrive are slim. Not to mention that colonial is closed so even more people will be at Elegance and Mirage.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance

I booked through Expedia

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance

Club rooms go pretty fast but during the slow season you should have a better shot at getting it.

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance

If the club room is not available sometimes you can try to get the perks with out staying in the club section.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance

I have been to ME five times and always book club level. I don't think I would enjoy it as much without club. The amenities far exceed the price. I would probably contact Expedia and change to club level. You may even have to cancel the existing reservation and rebook, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance

foodman, how do you suggest I get the perks without getting an actual club room? just ask for it?

mitasim, i would do that however, we used the payment plan and have almost paid off the trip and that would probably be a bigger hassle than it is worth.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance

It looks like they still have club jr suites available for your dates. I would contact Expedia and see about changing reservation. Your still have a while until your trip. Chances are the resort doesn't even have you in the system yet. Just a room being held for Expedia.

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance

If they tell you the club room is not available negotiate a price with the front desk or front desk manager where you can get all the perks as a club room while staying in a regular room.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance

I agree with Vtwinbmx I would definitely try Expedia customer service. You never know until you try. I would rather have this resolved before you get there. You should only be worried about how much you will enjoy your vacation, not about hoping for a possible room upgrade upon arrival. Call Expedia.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance

What are all the perks of a club room?

Reply to: Majestic Elegance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted