We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Majestic resort?

Canonsburg...
Level Contributor
63 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Which Majestic resort?

We are intending to go to DR in March. We've been once before and stayed at Barcelo Bavaro, adults only side. My complaints were the liquor was bottom shelf and we had much trouble booking better restaurants and so the food quality was meh. The room was ok, but not spectacular. We loved the grounds, the pools, the beach, the fitness room and thought the buffet was decent. I've short listed the Majestic resorts. Can anyone comment on food and liquor quality. Also, in that mid price range...is there any other resort that is a total stand out? Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
17,157 Reviews
Dominican Republic
14 replies to this topic
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Majestic Mirage rooms are huge--about 1,000 sq ft-- and brand new. Ate at all restaurants and food was very good. Liquor at all bars were high end. Grey goose, absolute, Hendricks, Jameson to name a few. I would recommend.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Another vote for Majestic Mirage Punta Cana.

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Mirage Punta Cana
Majestic Mirage Punta...
3,131 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,561 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Depends on the price. If Mirage is a few dollars more than choose the Mirage but if it is a few hundred dollars more per person go with the Majestic Elegance. Not much different except MM is newer.

Edited: 21 August 2017, 13:28
Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
17,052 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Note the construction next to Mirage mentioned in another post. Believe it is scheduled to be done in Dec I believe.

Nj
Level Contributor
949 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Majestic resort?

We were at the Mirage in May and the food/ rooms/ staff/ drinks were all fantastic. The construction next door was not an issue at all...just make sure you request a room facing the inside of the resort.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Another vote for the Mirage. But, if budget doesn't permit try Elegance "club level". You will be happy with either!!!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Is there a reason you only want the Majestic Resorts? We thought the food at Secrets was much better than Elegance/Mirage.

Canonsburg...
Level Contributor
63 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Majestic resort?

I'll look at secrets. Majestics were matching our budget. I feel like there is a sweet spot between spending enough to get a good ai and spending more than I should on a week vacation.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Majestic resort?

We travel a lot and Elegance is our very favorite so far. We did club. Also did the Colonial when it opened originally. Now we'll probably try the Mirage in November if price is right, or we'll return to Elegance. To us, the Majestic Group has it figured out. 0 complaints. Those 2 trips where the best ones.

Canonsburg...
Level Contributor
63 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Majestic resort?

Thanks. I periodically look at reviews and over the years Majestic resort's reviews are very good. Thanks for the input. I need to go club level. Last time I was in PC I did not and felt like a second class citizen.

Reply to: Which Majestic resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted