We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Excellence El Carmen

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live from Excellence El Carmen

Hurricane is not too bad. Wind howling and raining a lot. Everyone in their room by 8pm. Waiting for instructions for tomorrow. Food for breakfast was delivered earlier. Water, soda and juice in refrigerator. The only negative thing is they removed the bottles of liquor from the rooms! But I think everyone knew this and was able to get something saved ahead of time. Overall , not too bad of a day.

12 replies to this topic
Orient, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Stay safe! I'm following your post because I will be traveling to EEC for my wedding in 12 days. Hope you are all safe, first and foremost.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,653 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Stay safe. I am not surprised they removed the liquor. Don't want intoxicated people trying to take selfies on the beach!! Thank you for sharing.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Thanks for the updates from El Carmen - stay safe!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Thanks for the post! We are supposed to arrive on Friday. Anxiously awaiting word in the morning about the status of the resort. Hopefully we won't need to cancel. Please update when you can! Thanks!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

I Hope you do not get hit bad tonight from the storm.

Me ,my wife and some friends are supposed to arrive at Excellence El Carmen on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Please give an update on how things are looking at this resort after Maria passes.

Stay safe and all the best.

Edited: 21 September 2017, 05:04
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

My daughter and son-in-law are there with a group. I appreciate your post. Stay safe!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Excellence el carmen made it thru without too much damage. Lots of debris, tree limbs down, some structural damage to buildings. We heard the beach is a mess, as well as the pool and restaurants near the beach. But the workers are busy with cleanup. Even in the wind and rain. Still pretty miserable weather.

Lee-on-the-solent...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Many thanks for the updates ‘jimgoose’.

Glad to hear that you all are OK and safe and the resort is not too badly damaged.

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Very helpful to get any information on Excellence El Carmen. Seems this area , Uvero Alto, had a bit more damage than others but thankfully Maria did not have a full impact on the DR. At this time we are scheduled to arrive mid week. Have any of the 1st. floor rooms/ swim ups sustained any damage or are you able to go back to them? Understandably the beach area needs cleanup , wondering how the pools and facilities faired? Early days....just glad all are okay.....

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Excellence El Carmen

Just posted 20min ago on EEC's Facebook Page"

Hurricane Policy UPDATE:

After concluding an extensive assessment of Excellence El Carmen outdoor areas, we have identified some areas that have sustained some damage.

Our on-site team is working to fully restore all areas and operations, these efforts will be completed by Sunday, September 24th to restore normal operations by Monday, Sept 25th. Therefore, we confirm that the hurricane policies will remain in effect until Sunday, Sept 24th.

All details here. ⤵https://excellenceresorts.wordpress.com/…/excellence-el-ca…/

Reply to: Live from Excellence El Carmen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted