We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

I'm travelling to Punta cana in 3 weeks,just want to know what the best mosquitoe spray to bring with me, as I have am prone to being bite, I heard that Avon skin so soft is good, but I'm really unsure, any suggestions will be appreciated.

14 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Hi jane , we have got jungle formula spray and also jungle formula room plug in.

Hope this helps

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Used jungle formula before in Egypt and got bitten alive, looked like I had a bad case of measels when I returned to the UK.

Llantwit Major...
Level Contributor
111 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Hi, we used Wilko's own mosquito repellent 50% deet, same formula as Jungle formula, but much cheaper, you will need loads though, we sprayed ourselves at least 3 times a day. We also had plug in in room and took raid mosquito spray to spray our room in the evening before we went to dinner! However we still managed to get a few bites, the day after Irma passed by, it was raining most of the day and we sat under cover in the bar and I got bit, but didn't spray so often that day!

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Hi Jane,

I've used Avon so soft before in Egypt. We were there for my friends wedding and I usually get bitten a lot, and I was bite free!

I'm coming to PC on Monday and will be bringing Avon so soft, and also jungle formula as a back up as I've not been to the DR before so wanted to be double sure!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

I've not been to PC before I have Avon skin so soft, off and mozzie bands will get some boots mozzies spray as well, if none of that work I will his have to pay $25 and get some in resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Avon does not work nor do mozzie bands.... you absolutely need DEET in the product

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

OFF Deep Woods.

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Anyone used Trek50

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Will also be bringing a couple of tins of raid

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana

Here now no bites

Avon skin so soft

Mozzie bands bought from rep on coach transfer to resort & take 100mg tablets vitamin B1( holland & Barrett) for 2-3 weeks before travel & while away

Normally eaten alive

Both of us no bites

Reply to: Best mosquito spray to take to Punta cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted