We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Traveling arround

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Punta Cana Traveling arround

Hello everyone,

I am traveling to Punta Cana soon and I want to travel from the airport to my hostel in Macao. The options I find on internet are taxis or transfer shuttles which you need to book in advance. Are there other ways to travel from the airport that are safe and maybe cheaper?

Is it easy to get from Macao to other places like Los Mendes or La Romana? It seems a bit remote and transfer companies say you need to book or the bus doesn't come...

Thank you,

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Macao Beach
Macao Beach
7,195 Reviews
Dominican Republic
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
1 reply
Grand...
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Traveling arround

When you exit the airport there are plenty of taxis just waiting to take people places....no need to worry. Just agree on a price before you get in.

As far as travelling around to places....you are a bit remote but there may be a Bus? You will most likely have to depend on taxis. Just get a number or business card from the taxi driver you gather at the airport.

Also, there's a girl on Facebook if you are on there. She runs a page called friends of Punta Cana. Her name is Erica Esposito. She also handles transportation and excursions.

Enjoy Macao

Edited: 23 September 2017, 00:08
Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Macao Beach
Macao Beach
7,195 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Punta Cana Traveling arround
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted