We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort help & beer selection

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Resort help & beer selection

Do any of the resorts carry American beer? Also looking for a resort,budget friendly for a couple. Not looking for a party scene but with things to do in the evenings.

23 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
186 reviews
1. Re: Resort help & beer selection

The higher end resorts carry American beer. For budget friendly check Catalonia Royal Bavaro, Punta Cana Princess and Riu Palace Macao.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Bahia Principe Ambar. Good value for the price. Also Royal Suites Turquesa.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,992 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Why American beer? Have you tried the local beer yet? It's pretty good. If you're set on American beer you can pick it up in the grocery store

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
186 reviews
4. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Maybe the OP likes American beer or maybe wants to know for matter of knowledge.

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Resort help & beer selection

I was in Cabo in May and they only had mexican beer, which i was not a fan of. I dont drink liquor so i wanted to be prepared for my trip to DR. Thanks for the info. I will look into the resorts mentioned!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,992 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Resort help & beer selection

And that's why I was asking foodman... so they can be better informed... maybe a change in resort to enable their chance of getting american beers :-)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Resort help & beer selection

I remember there being some Bud in the mini bar, not that I would touch it, but.....

much prefer Presidente.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Excellence El Carmen has Budweiser and Coors Light at some of their bars, and in the in-room mini fridges, 8oz cans of Coors Lights and Heineken.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
377 posts
9. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Try Presidente, at home they sell it many places, thats what you will get at allinclusives in DR. I am not a big fan of Corona and other mexican beers either, but Prisidente is not to bad

Edited: 19 October 2017, 15:32
murillo
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Resort help & beer selection

Excellence el Carmen .. Bahia Ambar.. Palladium RS...are not budget friendly ..lol...What do you call things to do in the evenings...? skits from the animation team are pretty sad even at the best resorts. I agree Presidente is pretty nice beer and I'm not a big beer drinker... only a couple and get some nice rums.

Reply to: Resort help & beer selection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted