We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

ottawa, ontario
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

When we booked our stay at the melia caribe tropical we were advised that each person got 4 free rounds of golf at the cocotal golf and country club. I was just wondering if it's possible to give your rounds to someone else. I myself am not a golfer, but my boyfriend is and I would like to give him my 4 rounds fo golf. I was wonderign if anyone knows how strict they are on this or if anyone has any information about this

Thanks!!!

Berlin NH
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

princess Justine,

I have read on another review board that there did not care how many you used has long as you got the voucher from the front desk or doorman in the morning.I am looking to use my wifes rounds myself seeing she does not want to play.I check with Cocotal for tee times and there wanted my credit card number and I did not feel safe giving to them over the internet.Hope you can set smoething up for the 21st in the morning around 7 or a litttle after.

Divot

Saskatoon, Sask
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

Princess Justine: You will have 4 rounds of golf per person per stay. When you pick up your golf vouchers at the front lobby area ( there is a separe desk set up for this with a sign on it.) they will ask for your room number. Plus name and signature. Pick all your vouchers up at once , saves hassle just the time involved filling them out. Don't forget that golf cart rentals at the course are $35 per person

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

princess you really are a princess,it would be hard to get 4 days of golf in while on vacation, with my wife wanting some time too, but 8 days? do you have any sisters??? lol

Berlin NH
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

dingdongdenny

It is very easy to get rounds in if you are with your wife if you are willing to get up and tee off at 7am, and have the rest of the day to be with her.Myself being a low handicap I go early and play either by myself or with someone else and am done by 11am. Then I am free to do what she would like to do.I have been doing this for the past 18 years,golf 6 days out of 7 or 8.

Divot

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

like wise tee off 6:30 or7am then it is only 3hr round instead of 4 1/2,like you i am also low handicap, but still only get 1,1/2 rds in i have to work and wife doesn't golf.

Saskatoon, Sask
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

Good luck with 6:30 / 7:00 a.m. as the pro shop doesn't open till 7:00 and by the time you pay for cart rental even if you are first in the lineup 7:30 is more than likely

ottawa, ontario
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

dingdongdenny,

LOL i'm not actually a princess and sorry but I don't have a sister. My boy and I are staying for 14 days, so him golfing days is no prob, infact i'm hoping he'll golf more than that!!! I like the time to myself to tan and read!!!

Thanks for all the advice. Can the vouchers be picked during check in????

Saskatoon, Sask
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

After you are assigned a room #. If checking in at the Caribe the table is sort of directly behind you. If at the Tropical you will walk right passed it to get to the check-in counter.

9. Re: Free (included) rounds of golf at the Melia Caribe Tropical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 03:19