We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink the local brew

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Drink the local brew

I read somewhere in a travel guide that you will avoid uneccessary stomach upset by drinking the local beer when you travel to foreign countries. Something in the pasteurization process makes it a deterrent for bacteria building up in your digestive system.

So cheers and enjoy the Presidente when you get to Punta Cana! (In moderation of course!)

Starz

Northfield, New...
Level Contributor
370 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink the local brew

Star, I believe it has something to do with the yeast used in the processing. I believe any beer works in the same way...

In any case, Presidente, cerveza buena.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink the local brew

Well, it's a good excuse to have another cold one at any rate! LOL.

Starz

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink the local brew

LOLOL Okay, that is it...this Coors Light Gal just may have to drink the Presidente. After all, if it prevents TD, it is for medicinal purposes. Thanksf or sharing STARZ! Cheers.

PRIZE

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink the local brew

Prize you are welcome!

Just plug your nose and swill it down; you may end up thanking me!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink the local brew

You may be right on that one Starz. I guess after the first few, the rest all taste the same anyway.

PRIZE

6. Re: Drink the local brew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 02:18