We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

5 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

I have a question about room location at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. We are using credit card miles to book our trip and I just went in to book 2 swim up suites. They are no longer available, but the one bedroom is available. My question is, are the one bedroom 1st floor units still swim up rooms?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

I have stayed there 2 times and there are 1 bedroom on the ground floor that face the outside of the resorts these do not have swim-up rooms. so I would say if it says there is no swim-ups they maybe gone.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
747 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

The one bedroom suites and the swim up suites are essentially the same except the swim up suites are located facing the pool/ground level. The 1BR suites will be upper floors with garden or pool views OR ground floor with garden views.

The same is true for the jr. suites and the jr. swim up suites....same room just the ground floor/pool view is called swim up.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Agree, the club level swim-up suites are ground floor one bedroom suites that face the interior.

We have stayed twice, both club, once getting a 1BR suite on the 2nd floor and then getting a Jr. Suite on the top (3rd) floor.

I'm guessing you are booking Elegance Club? Book the 1 BR, you will not miss it not being a swim-up. In my opinion, the swim ups lack privacy and are not true swim-ups anyway. there is no personal ladder that leads into the pool, you have to walk on your "lawn" to get to the stairs all guests use to enter the pool. Humidity is an issue in all rooms (at all DR hotels) but the ground floor rooms seem to get the most. Bugs are under control due to the maintenance guys spraying the landscaping, but bug issues are more common on the ground floor.

The 1BRs are massive, some have jetted tubs on the outside as well as inside, these are called ocean-view 1BR suites. There isn't much of a view due to the trees, but the extra jetted tub is nice. Have a great trip

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Thanks for the input. We are not doing club rooms because we have our 16 and 18 year old with us - so just regular 1 bedroom suites. Any recommendation on what building or room numbers to request? Hoping to get one with a King and one with 2 double beds.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
747 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Have you looked at the Colonial? It was just refurbished and less of its resort is dedicated to club level. They share common areas such as the sports bar and disco with the elegance.

Reply to: Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted