We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Wedding

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Caribbean Wedding

My fiance and I are trying to plan a fairly large (approx 100 guests) destination wedding for March/April 2008. We do not want a huge resort with 10 other weddings going on, but we do want some place that can accomodate our group size, and that is experienced with throwing weddings at their resort. We also would like it to be someplace not further than 5 hours from New York by plane. PLEASE HELP - ANY IDEAS WELCOME.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Wedding

Try the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana or this is not really the caribbean, but one of the Iberostars in the Riviera Maya.

Also, Beaches Negril, Jamaica would be a good option (although I think the first two are better).

Since Agelina Jolie and Brad Pitt just announced that they are going to get married in the DR, I thought that's what your topic was going to be. LOL

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Wedding

Hi Maxx.....I would definately look at the Majestic. Its just over a year old meaning everything is new and it's rated as #1 now on this forum. I have been to 9 resorts in the past 3 years and it's my favorite. There are 7 restaurants which means a different one each night. The food here is very good, most resorts are just ok. The pool runs from the lobby all the way down to the beach. This will allow a quieter section if needed. The beach area doesn't get any better, white sand and beautful water. All the walkways are covered which means you won't get wet if it rains. Great sports bar for the guys which a large screen for all the sporting events. To be fair the ladies have a new spa for their enjoyment. I do really like the size of the Majestic......a medium resort with lots of room and when full you don't feel crowded. There is a Sax player in the evening which you can even hear from your balcony. There are 5 different room types which would please everyone. If needed there is a Presidential suite that would hold about 130 people on the roof top that over looks the ocean. Great for a private party!!! The wedding gazebo is quite large and private. The walkout from the lobby would allow a stunning grand entrance for the bride leading to the gazebo. I would check to see if they would give you one of the beach restaurants which would hold your group of 100 no problem.

Bottom line....your group would have alot of fun at this resort. The prices for Punta Cana are very reasonable compared to Jamacia. Your flight time would only be about 3.5 hours approx.

Good luck on your plans.......if you had any questions you could email Majestic Mike at the Majestic

mike4majestic@yahoo.ca

Phil

3. Re: Caribbean Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 04:16