We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from majestic!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Back from majestic!

im baaack any questions?

USA
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from majestic!

Hey Erica,

I am not going to the Majestic, but I recall you were involved in some discussions regarding medicine (dukoral maybe?)

Did you take any medicine, or receive any shots? What was your experience health wise either way (get sick)?

Thanks..and hope you had an awesoime time!

-Mike

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from majestic!

I didnt take any dukoral, didnt get sick once. I was taking cloraquime and i was constipated from that.. but didnt get sick!

USA
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from majestic!

Cool....how was the weather? How was the trip from the airport to the resort? Did you venture off property at all?

-Mike

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from majestic!

no venturing off the resort... too scared. wouldn't know where to go anyway! The bus ride was long.. they tell you 10 mins.. but in realty its like 45

and maaan that airport is nuts, as soon as you get in its chaos..lol but we managed ok... those guys will grab your bags.. careful! they just want tips

Weather was great 70% of the trip. we had 2 1/2 rainy/stormy days. but when it was sunny it was aweome.

USA
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from majestic!

Thanks Erica!

Moncton, NB
Level Contributor
399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from majestic!

What was your favorite thing to eat?

Did you like the coffee?

What did you wish you had packed?

Did you have any troubles getting a palapa or chairs?

Did you do any snorkelling?

How was the disco?

What was your drink of choice?

Thats all I can think of for now...

ZERO sleeps for me!!!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from majestic!

no troubles with palapas if you get their latest 11:00

fave drink.. shirley temple with vodka, 2nd is the funky monkey (there is sooo many tho.. yummmmys)

fave food was the sirloin steak and the rodeo resteraunt, beef salad and the mini beef steaks at the buffet (had sooooo many) and croissants for breaky.

the coffee was OK. they pour the milk right in there.. not sure what type of milk it was.. but it was alright.. didnt get sick

I didnt really get to the disco.. good music tho mix of funky spanish and hip hop.. they also have theme nights..

wish i packed bug spray ... mosquitos only ate me the first day.

no snorkeling for me! waaaay to rough but i did see some fishes swim by me in the ocean. so much fun to play in the waves.

i think that answeres them all... lol

massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from majestic!

hi ericabunnee..how were the rooms?? were you able to get into the restaurants that required reservations? any trouble with communication??

thanks

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from majestic!

was there anything about the Majestic that you didn't like?

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from majestic!

Hulloo

communication wasn't that hard.. i didnt know any spanish.. but you kind of pick up on the words that you need to know.

Room was awesome! we had reserved a colonial junior suite.. and i was worried, because i didnt know what room we would get.. but i was soo happy. we got the nice balcony with the jacuzzi outside and a added bonus was the extra lil balcony with the ocean view! veerrrry nice.

we were not able to reserve the teppanyaki.. but were able to eat the sushi side (SO GOOD!) with no reservation. only reservations we could get were for Le Gourmet but they were late at 9:15.. i dont eat late. and the guest service said that the carribean wasnt very good. lol

3 resteraunts you don't need reservations for, steak, seafood and chinese.