We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
483 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

Does anyone know if the GBP has any beers in the bottles that they stock in your rooms or are they all in cans? I assume all the beer around the pool and beach area is probably on draft.

5 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

they have presidente bottles in the room so hopefully your fridge works bc mine didnt... everyone likes room temp beer right lmao

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

i havnt been to this resort ,but acoarding to cabooo2016 they have bottles in the rooms.the five (5) resorts i have been to,had cans in the fridge and draft in the bars/restaurants. a tip from a canadian , take a travel mug the beer will keep cold longer and less trips to the bar.

as to the fridge not working ,it probably just needed to be defrosted.we usually go for two weeks and the fridge usually needs defrosting when we get there.the resorts have a huge turnover and they rarely have time to leave the fridge unplugged long enough to get rid of the ice in the coils.iced up coils equals no cold circulating.i defrost our fridge usually three times in those two weeks we are there

Fergus, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

I have been to Grand Bahia four times and only had cans in the fridge. I also think you have to have your room card in the switch to power the lights and fridge.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

Only ever seen cans, glass bottles are a hazard when taken by the pool. And yes, the outlets in the room are controlled by your room car bein in the slot by the door. Electricity is very expensive in the DR and than insures you ate not wasting it while you are out, it’s a common feature in many resorts.

Edited: 22 January 2018, 22:38
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers

stayed at the ambar in june it was glass for me

Reply to: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro - Beers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted