We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Level Contributor
71 posts
52 reviews
Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hi, we plan to visit Santo Domingo and also Punta Cana next month, flying in Santo Domingo and out of Punta Cana.

I read that there's a Expreso Bávaro bus from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana for about US$10, departing from Juan Sánchez Ramírez street near Joaquín Balaguer station.

Is the bus stop a safe area in the morning, and is the bus ride relatively comfortable?

Thanks for any feedbacks/tips!

8 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
1 review
1. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

The bus is comfortable and safe

Level Contributor
71 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thanks!

Level Contributor
71 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Follow up post: We decided to take a private car offered by the hotel instead of catching the Expresso Bus (US$10 each), as we would still have to pay for another taxi fare from Punta Cana Airport to our hotel in Punta Cana (US$40). We figured the savings were that much per person.

We paid $150 for the trip, on a modern van. The driver was very safe and took 2.5 hrs to our hotel in Punta Cana. The bus ride would probably take about double the time - an hour to get to the bus stop early 30min early, 3.5hrs drive, and another 30min taxi ride from Punta Cana airport to hotel).

PM me if anyone is interested in using the driver.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

$150 total For the trip is pretty good. I pay just $40 less to get to bayahibe hotels. Good to know.

Level Contributor
71 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hi, I was indeed surprised at the cost of the taxi here relative to the normal wages. For example, the taxi fare from Ambar resort to the Punta Cana airport is US$40. Unfortunately, Uber is not available in Punta Cana yet.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Albert...my wife takes that bus all the time. Seldom does it ever take 3+hours...usually just over 2 hours for her. You would not stop at the airport, but in Bavaro...a $10 taxi to Bahia.

Level Contributor
71 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thanks for the clarification - good to know for future.

Freeport, Grand...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Which stop is that one the route? The 5th? Ifa. Villas bavaro? Or 11th which is plaza bavaro?

Reply to: Transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted