We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport from us ????

Richmod,VA
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
passport from us ????

i am leaving from bwi, usa. i live near washington dc. i heard that i can set appointmet and get passport in same day. as long as i am flying within 14 days. im leaving first week of july. and at this point even if exediated the process still wouldnt get it back on time. so i am going to wait until within 14 days a take a trip to dc to hopefully get it the same day? anyone else evr have to do this ?

ohio
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: passport from us ????

No, I havent...I wish you luck though. I applied in mid march and still havent received mine yet....

Raleigh
Level Contributor
318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport from us ????

Good Luck, let us know how that goes. We applied mid March and haven't received them. Went to AAA today and was told to expect 12 weeks for delivery. We're leaving 5 weeks from today, I hope they get here soon.

nyc
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport from us ????

wow...march and you still don't have your passports? We got our kids passports in less than 2 weeks. Lucky us!

I got mine at the passport agency a long time ago.. don't forget to bring proof that you are traveling.

Grand Island NY
Level Contributor
238 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport from us ????

I went to the passport office with my ticket in hand to leave the next day to europe. I got to the passport office with my pics by 10am and by 3pm I had my passport. This was in Boston I am sure there is something in DC where with ticket in hand you can do this.

Julie

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport from us ????

oK, here is some knowledge I can share from first hand experience. We had applied for passports the 1st week in march. we are leaving Friday morning. We went to the Chicago office today, and it was a nightmare. We all left with passports, but waited from 11-7 to get them.

First, I would call and make sure how the appointment system works. You may set up an appointment, and then be turned away if you aren't traveling in 48 hrs. Warning - it seems that every agent tells you something different.

in the Chicago office, you are able to walk in with no previous passport request, if you are traveling within 48 hours. make sure you have your birth certificate or other proof of citizenship (stamped original), passport pictures, photo ID< and travel itinery. I am not sure if DC works the same, but I dsaw a lot of walk-ins receive their passports. Just prepare to wait all day, and bring something to keep entertained!!

6. Re: passport from us ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 15:16