We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

Hi! We just returned from a week's stay at the Grand Flamenco. All in all it was an enjoyable time. I'd be happy to offer suggestions or give advice to anyone who plans on going there.

Happy Traveling!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

Hi Beachbum.....Thanks for the info.....I stayed at the Bavaro Princess beside you last year and loved the beach there. It has to be the best area with a wide and deep beach...What were the rooms like at the GF. are they more like hotel rooms as compared to suites? Did you find the beach area crowded?

Thanks Phil

boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

they do have suites available in the royal club area i believe. Our room was hotel style. A good size room...with a large bathroom. very clean and comfortable.

The beach was beautiful!!! We always managed to find chairs no matter what time of day it was. Quite a few people out on the beach, but it's large enough that you don't feel too close to one another.

let me know if you have any other questions!

take care

~debi~

aka "beach bum"

Waterford, Michigan
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

photophil,

They do have junior suites that are not in the Royal club. That is where we stayed. It was a beautiful room building 18. We had a mini kitchen fully stocked with dishes and glasses. A dining table, pullout couch, coffee table, end tables 2 tvs stereo. kingsize bed, bathroom with tub and shower, toilet and buday(spelling).Plus 2 sets of sliding doors that went out to a patio with table and chairs. It was great. We had our 21 year old son with us and the wall between the bedroom and living area gave us great privacy.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

Buddco...Thanks again. Did you ask for this upgrade when you arrived or did you pay for it in advance with probably an extra cost?...Phil

Westhampton Beach...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

Hey Beach Bum !!!

You still around..?

I'm off to PC again this time to Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort

right next to Grand Flemingo

Regards

Seaonk

Mississauga
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

Hi Beachbum,

I leave this Saturday, arrive around 10 PM. I too have heard some terrible reviews, but I am going with no expectations -- only want the sun, water, and good drinks, and the food you can always find something!!! You only use your room to shower and sleep and as long as it's clean I'm okay. We have the Premium rooms so hopefully things will work out.

When in Rome do as the Romans, as tourists we are the ones who should learn SOME spanish, not the other way around.

I know that my son, daughter and his friend will be enjoying the disco, I'll enjoy the lobby and my drinks :).

With arriving late, do you think we will have problems with the front check in people??? After a long flight I know that I don't want to play musical rooms :)

Take care

17. Re: Just returned this evening from the Grand Flemenco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 18:19