We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

does anyone know how far of a walk to drive it is to get to some touristy/souvenir shopping from the sunscape? my mother in law wants to get some touristy things while away. not sure if they have any markets on the beach itself or if she would have to take a taxi to some little shopping center.

thanks

mina

Taylorville...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

HI, We stayed at the Sunscape last Sept. A fairly short distance down the beach is a shopping area. I am not a good judge of distance, but most people could walk down the beach in 5 mins or so. There are several small shops there & of course they will barter with you. It is probably best not to walk down there alone, although I did twice. I went shopping once, then came back to the hotel & picked up a bunch of the school supplies we had taken with us & the bottle of Coke in the room frig that we did not drink. I am not for sure, but I thnik everything else is pretty far from the resort. The shops at the Sunscape are very expensive, Thanks Marilyn

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

Hi there

There is indeed a marketplace located just north of us about 5 minutes walk. You wil also fond a bank, a small variety store and a local bar!

Cheers from the Beach

Sunscape Mike

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

When I was there in January, the hotel brought vendors onto the property on a couple of nights through the week, one night being the Beach Party. You can negotiate your price, get better deals when you buy in bulk, and you can select from carvings, mamajuana, jewelry (I got a gorgeous necklace with large chunks of various semi-precious stones knotted on a couple of strings for $10), paintings, and regular souvenir type items with "Punta Cana" or "Dominican Republic" on them. Lots of souvenir type things in the lower lobby logo shop. T-shirts plus mugs and other standards.

Send me a note if you'd like some larimar (stone native to the DR) shopping tips.

Kaki

kaki.ulan@sasktel.net

4. Re: sunscape the beach in relation to shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 02:17