We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When's your favourite month?

sussex Eng
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Topic
When's your favourite month?

We went to POP in April, the weather was fab but being Easter it was really busy. Next year we're going to try June in Punta Cana. When do you like to go on vacation and why??

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When's your favourite month?

We went the first week in January this year and it was great. Weather was perfect, not crowded at all and everyone at home was freezing!!!

We are heading back and June and I'll have to compare which is better.

Bathurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When's your favourite month?

I've been three times in Feb ,once in Jan and once in March different year of course. I personnaly prefer March a lot warmer. But we do go in Feb because it's in the middle of our winter months.

Wpg
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When's your favourite month?

Like the end of Feb., beginning of March.

Ottawa, Ont
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When's your favourite month?

Love March and February...went in November in 2004 and it rained almost the whole time!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When's your favourite month?

Oh No! I JUST booked Thanksgiving week :(

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: When's your favourite month?

march & beg of april

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When's your favourite month?

I went twice over Christmas and New Year. Weather was perfect, water comfortable and warm both times. Soft rolling waves, perfect for snorkeling. Last visit was in February and it was quite cool, hardly any one was doing any swimming in the pools or the beach all week. Water was rough in the ocean, no parasailing or snorkeling tours going out that week. It was quite disappointing. Now I'm trying July, leave next week. I'm sure it will be warm enough to swim, just have to worry about the rain.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When's your favourite month?

My husband and I take two Caribbean trips (resort or cruise) a year and we prefer October and May. We live in the Northeast U.S. and going at this time pretty much guarantees you won't have a snowstorm preventing you from leaving and/or coming home. It also makes the summer longer as in May we come home (usually) to pretty springlike weather and in October it is getting cold here so it extends the summer for me:).

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: When's your favourite month?

razel, what resort did you stay at over christmas and new years? we are planning to go at that this year, did the resort to anything special for these holidays, and also was it ALOT more expensive than what you would pay for at say, march break? thanks!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When's your favourite month?

Islandgirl, we stayed at the Fiesta Bavaro (now called Palladium Bavaro) Christmas week and another vacation at the Melia Caribe for the New Year holiday. The rates were a little higher for the Christmas one, we booked at the last minute and had a wonderful time. At both resorts, they upscaled their animation entertainment with beautiful and ornate costumes, plus we all received gifts in our rooms. Ours gifts were sculptures carved out of lava rock. The room service had fresh fruit cut up in baskets each day. WE did not have this service at the Iberostar Bavaro in February, so it must have been extra because of the holidays. Also the resorts are decorated so pretty with many white lights. The trees in the lobby were perfect for picture taking. The food dispalys in the buffets were awesomely decorated, too pretty to eat. Everyone had champagne etc. One thing, if you go for the New Year, all activities such as snorkeling, parasailing, horseback riding etc, are closed the entire day of Jan. 1st. The Dominicans believe that the longer you party on New Years Eve, the more prosperous your year will be. Trust me, they really party it up. I believe they need to sleep it off the next day. All in all, I would love to go again for the holidays for the weather alone, it was perfect both times. I can't think of anything negative regarding both the resorts.