We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Rain

does it really rain everyday there in october??? planning a last minute trip - dont wanna got htere if its gonna rain the whole time.....oct 7-11

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,816 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain

Do not look at internet weather forecasts, they are notoriously incorrect.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain

It may rain everyday but it will probably be just a quick storm and then be dried up before you know it. I would not worry about it.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain

I agree, do not look at the weather forcasts, they mean nothing. A 70% chance of showers may mean there is a chance of a 5 min quick shower.. Just go!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain

FYI...two days ago weatherundreground forecasted today as 100% rain....and lots of it.

Hmmm...I just spent the better part of the day with my left arm out the window of my car...driving between the airport and the resort and it appears to be 4 shades darker than my right arm...thus...it must have been sunny! What we had was a bone dry day with 100% sunshine...hazy at times...but sunny just the same!

The forecasts cannot be trusted.

Cheers from the Beach

Sunscape Mike

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain

We have been here now for about 11 days and yes we have had rain but most of it has been during the night when we have been alseep and that during the day has been very limited - about 30 minutes at most.

As mike an others have said do not trust the forecasts - how accurate are they where you live?

Montreal
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain

Any concerns about Karen moving west to worry about?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain

None...if it does move west...it will be well north of us.

Cheers from the beach

Sunscape mike

8. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 23:19