We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At a loss for words

wisconsin
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
At a loss for words

I just booked a vacation there for feb.17th, my travel agent said it opens jan.08. I hope all i'm reading in these reviews isn't correct. I would like more info and pics if anybody has any. Thank you!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,739 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At a loss for words

Hi

Welcome to the world of Tripadvisor.

Which resort are you talking about?

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At a loss for words

welcome boatlvr,

There are many resorts in Punta Cana so it is hard to know which one you are talking about. People here are very helpful and will respond with specifics once you state the name of the resort. As far as reviews go...take them with a grain of salt I say.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At a loss for words

I'm sorry for not making myself clear, this is my first time writing a messege. We booked a trip to the Edenh real arena. Acually my travel agent called apple today, and apple called the hotel and they are open for business on jan.25th 2008. So for those who were wondering if they will be open on time, it looks that way. If anyone has more info on this resort, please share... thanks

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At a loss for words

how can you be worried about reviews if they aren't even open yet? I guess I'm just confused as usual...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
639 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At a loss for words

I'm sure boatlvr means the reviews and pics on the progress...

Lighten up!

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At a loss for words

boatlvr, as a veteran travel agent, I recommend that you and your travel agent have a back-up plan. It is highly unusual for a hotel in the Caribbean to be open on the date it is supposed to be open. I usually do not book a new hotel until it has already been open for 6 months.

Have a 2nd choice in mind that is in a comparable price range and do some homework. They may try to put you at an alternate at the last minute and you need to know if the substitue is comparable to what you paid for and what you want in your holiday hotel.

Good Luck!

7. Re: At a loss for words

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:18