We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned today from Excellence

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Returned today from Excellence

Will post a review within a couple of days just need to get use to being in 85 degree weather at 4pm and 12degree and snowing at 730pm lol

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returned today from Excellence

Hi

So you are fairly chilled out then!!!!!!!

How was it and how are the mosquitoes now??

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returned today from Excellence

Excellence was great, I dont think i could find one bad thing about the place. The mosquitoes we really never had a problem with them. I dident get bit once and my wife got bitten about 4 times during our six days and we dident wear any bug reppellent.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returned today from Excellence

Glad the little critters are back under control.

Since you have been away Excellence has moved to #1 so they must be doing something right.

Out of interest how did you find the ride from the airport and the beach as some people dismiss EPC on both counts.

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returned today from Excellence

The ride from the airport to Excellence took about 1 hr. We cant understand why people say this ride is horrible. A little bumpy here and thier but nothing to complain about. We did notice alot of pothole patching on the roads in our travel.

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returned today from Excellence

I can not understand why people complain about an hour ride to get to a fantastic resort where you will spend in most cases a week or longer. What is an extra 30min of driving? And so the sand is not white. Does it feel different if it is a light tan instead of white?

I hope all the sceptical people stay away. If there was a sudden rush of people staying at Excellence, the management would be more inclined to raise the rates. As it stands now, Excellence is a great value for what you pay.

Mike

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returned today from Excellence

Glad to hear the ride was OK for you - I asked only because I cannot understand why people see it as a problem as as Mastermind has said in most cases it is an extra 30 mins max - if Sunscape an extra 10 mins.

Taken as an overall part of you holiday it is miniscule.

We loved it and will be going back next Autumn after we have been to another couple of places - Mexico and ?????

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returned today from Excellence

The only problem we had was with VIP reps we booked a excursion for 11am on tuesday VIP called us on tuesday 1045am and said they screwed up they booked us for 8am excursion instead of the 11 and told us they have no room for us and asked us if we take the 130 excursion we said no problem thats fine. So when 130 came they never picked us up a no show. We told Hector at the main desk what happen he called Jonathan from VIP and he hung up on him. So when you book by your travel agent i dont reccomened VIP as your tour operater ask for Liberty or go-go their reps are at excellence until their last excursion leaves. VIP reps on the other hand are gone by 11 or noon so if something happens they are not thier so your stuck

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Returned today from Excellence

...the sand may not feel different but it DEFINATELY looks different!

Your treasure is my trash or something like that LOL!

Bubby

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Returned today from Excellence

Glad to hear that the resort lived up to its name for you! Oh to get yourself climatized again --not a great joy but I am glad that you had a super holiday. Think how much your tan will standout in the snow.

10. Re: Returned today from Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 07:18