We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel delays to the Majestic…

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travel delays to the Majestic…

I’m headed to the Majestic Colonial in January. Thanks to all of you, I’ve learned a lot of great travel tips before we go (this is our first trip to the DR).

Now that the nasty, cold weather has arrived here in NJ, I’m a little concerned about flight delays out of Philly (heaven forbid!). If we can’t depart as planned on the 17th due to the weather, will that jeopardize our reservation at the Majestic?? What is the best way to reach them if that happens (would a PM to Richard suffice)?

Yes, I’m a worrier…but I’ve been planning this trip for months. The more that I read in the reviews and the PC forum, the more excited I get about this trip! It sounds like a beautiful place to vacation and I can’t wait to go! My husband thinks I’m a bit obsessed, but I just can’t stand the shorter days and the cold weather. Planning this vacation is getting me though it.

Has anyone experienced similar travel delays? I would appreciate any advice on the subject! PC…here I come!

MAM

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

MAM,

I personally have not experienced travel delays as I have always gone in June. TBS, a recent traveler did and was able to arrange through her tour company the extra day that she had lost. Maybe you could check who you book through and see what your options are. Good luck! I hear ya on the bad weather making us New Englanders nuts!!

maine
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Mam,

I know this is off the topic,wondering the dates in Jan. you will be the

re. Like you,this will be my first time , also I too am obessed!! Will be at the Majestic Jan. 24-31, can't wait!! Way too cold and snowy here in Maine.

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
835 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Hi there,

the best recommendation is to talk to your agency in case of a delay. So far the forecast is nice.

best regards,

Richard.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

oneofthree...thanks for your reply. I see Richard agrees with your comment that I need to contact my travel agent. I'm just a bit worried (yes, that word again) about the agent I've chosen. I'll give you the details in a future post after I return from vacation (don't want to jinx myself)...but they tried to transfer me to another resort. So much time and research (thanks to tripadvisor) has gone into planning this trip that I refused to be switched!

ddagod39...I'm sorry, we're going to miss one another. I'm going to be there 1/17 - 1/22. Have fun! I'll look for your review!

Richard...as always...thank you for your quick response!

MAM in (cold) New Jersey

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Hi there...in most cases when there is a weather delay, the resorts all look after you. Reputible tour agencies forward all delays to the resorts so that they are aware of the situation. Only if weather is looking bad...such as today for Boston...should you contact your travel provider. It also does not hurt to email the resort you are staying at...should a delay or cancellation...non weather related....occur. This happened recently with one of the regular posters on this board and all went well!

Have a great vacation!

Cheers from downtown metropolotan Bavaro!

PuntaCana Mike

New Jersey
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Thanks, PC Mike! That makes me feel better.

Now... on the other hand...if I can only make sure that I do have delays going home...That would be nice! Not worried about that at all! = )

NJ
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

We also live in NJ and was wondering the same thing. We have always travelled in the Fall or the Spring and snow and ice have never been an issue. Now that we are going in February, I'm alittle concerned. I really need this vacation and do not want to sit at the airport. We are leaving from Newark for this trip. Because we are in Central Jersey we always check both Philly and Newark as departure cities. One is always significantly cheaper. It just depends. We are expecting some more "wintery weather" this weekend, so I am really looking forward to the Sun and Heat!

maryland
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Mam.... I have the same concers about the weather. My husband and I are traveling to Majestic on Jan. 16-21. I didn't purchase insurance.... hope that want's a mistake.

Parlin, New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Hi, I'm from New Jersey and we are going in January also. We are flying out of Newark. Let me tell you about delays. YOU NEVER KNOW.... Only GOD plans the weather.

Just wish and hope for the best. You don't want to be delayed going there but if you get stuck there then I hope you bought travel insurance.

We once went to D.R. in Jauary and the flight there was fine. They predicted snow that night and we were flying out of JFK so our son drove us to the airport before the snow. The plane took off in time. They just had to de-ice it.

Another time we went to DR (in January)and there was a blizzard in the states. Newark airport was closed down. We had to stay 2 extra days in DR. Lucky we had travel insurance cause the rates at the hotel if you have to stay are very expensive. I was glad to stay the two extra days the insurance paid but I got fired from my job when I returned and my husband got written up from his...they didn't want any excuses from us not coming back from vacation on time. I was OK cause I hated that job anyway...and I got to stay 2 extra days in lovely DR.........

So you never know.....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel delays to the Majestic…

Hi Jersey Lady,

When are you going? We're headed out on the 17th from Philly. We were able to get a direct flight. I'm hoping this warmer weather lasts (40s yes, but no snow or ice predicted). We can't control the weather, I know...but this is exactly why I need this vacation in the winter! I need some warm sunshine on my face.

I just read RNJessica's post on the Majestic and I'm getting excited!!!