We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute questions...

Hi all me again, just a couple of questions

Do hey have irons in the rooms at excellence punta cana?

Do they have shampoo and conditioner?

Is there anything I am going to forget?

Will 100- 1s and 100 5s cover the tipping?

will most places take my master card?

Should I bring my license and SS card or just my passport?

I think that is it,....if there is anything else, let me know!

I can't tell you all how much your help has meant to me!

THANK YOU

Heather

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute questions...

Heather,

Yes there is an iron and ironing board in the room. Sometimes it hangs behind the curtain by your balcony door.

They provide a shampoo/conditioner combo.

We always take a few extra plastic hangers if there is room in the suitcase. There is never enough for the clothes we want to hang.

I feel that a couple of hundred dollars for tipping should cover it for a weeks stay. Remember that a couple of dollars there has a lot more value than here. I still take more for the other things I might want to purchase.

I can't say about most places but the front dest will need you card number for any over and above that you might charge to your room.

I always carry my license and SS card even when I carry my passport. It can't hurt.

There is one thing you forgot to ask......am I going to have a great time?

OOOOOOH YESSSSSSS YOU WILL!!!!!

Mike

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions...

Hi Heather...

You sure sound excited!!! When do you leave?? It sounds like your pretty well all set. The only thing I can think of is face cloths. A lot of the rooms don't provide these for some reason. I just bring some from home. Have a safe trip and let us know how you liked it. I don't go to PC till Jan.30...Shelley

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute questions...

IMO - I would NEVER carry my SS card - and I don't here in the states either. Too risky for identity theft.

Hope you have a good trip!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute questions...

Also I forgot to mention if you have an out of country medical card to bring that for sure. Last year I ended up in their hospital and I'm glad we had it along with our passport. Shelley

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute questions...

Hey there all, thanks for the infor

I am leaving on wednesday morning at 6:30 I am sooo excited I can hardly stand it!!!!

I guess I will just bring our passports and copies of our license and SS card???? Does this sound good? Or should I not even bring copies of those things? I do worry about identity theft! So I am thinking I should bring my own shampoo and conditioner too...i hate those all in one deals!!!

any other advice? only two days til we leave!!!!!

THANKS

Heather

east los angeles
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute questions...

Go get em Caselaw3!!!

Irons???

Who needs em-its 87 degrees!

Wear your bikini and wrap & sundress etc etc

Your on vacation no need to iron

Please don't turn this into a fashion show-j/k:)

Shampoo/Conditioner will be there.

But you may want to bring your own because no one knows the brands

Washcloths A MUST-go to Walmart and buy about 6.

For some reason, not provided only hand towels and they are way to bulky after wet.

100 1's and 100 5's-PERFECT

wow 600 dollars-wish I was going too:)

Bring your license-leave your SS card

I try to leave my passport in the room, safe or back pack/luggage as much as possible-no need for it past the plane.

The license works just fine down there.

One last thing bring a small bag,box,coin purse (waterproof a plus) or something to put your room key, license and a few dollars in so when you go to the pool or beach you will have them.

Nothing is worse than having to go back to the room for some change, or losing your room key or getting carded somewhere when you leave the pool/beach.

Can't think of anything else right now-but the PIRATES are here to answer any questions:)

P of PC

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute questions...

Hey thanks pirate!!! I wish I was thin enough to livei in a bikini...i do have a tankini however;...I didn't get a waterproof wallet/thingy...where can i get one? my hubby has a wet/dry bag but it is big...a back pack really...what kind of thingy do i need for this waterproof stuff?

so i should bring my license? i only have 2 days left to pack and while i am excited, i don't want to forget anything either...

i was told to bring 600 in cash and have saved six months to do so...maybe i won't need it??? that would be totally cool as i really need OIL for heat!!!!

I love you guys,,,such good advice!!!

Heath

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute questions...

Heather

There comes a time when you just have to chill and go with the flow.

Enjoy

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute questions...

Heather,

I sent you a PM.

Mike

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute questions...

Oh don't worry, I am chilled! There is 2 feet of snow here, lol...

I enjoy the stress of getting everything ready before we go and finding out what we need and don't need.

Thanks for the PM Mike!

I hope you all have a great new year!!!! I know that mine is starting out just perfect!

Thanks a million for all the advice!@ I am totally prepared thanks to all of you! Just wish I had been able to learn spanish!