We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wildlife at Majestic?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwich...
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wildlife at Majestic?

Does anyone know if the Majestic has flamingos or other tropical wildlife around the resort?

another couple of questions:

do all of the rooms get room service, or just select rooms?

is there "island carribbean" music playing around the resort?

is the beach at MC one of the nicest in punta cana?

how is the weather late April to mid May? Does the rain in Punta Cana last all day or just occasional showers?

Thanks SO MUCH for the help!!

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
961 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wildlife at Majestic?

When we were there last summer...I'll try to answer the questions correctly...

No wildlife,except some around the swim up bar...LOL...just joking...but seriously, the only wildlife I saw were the tamed birds, monkeys, etc. that the photographers used as props for pictures...

Not all rooms get room service...the standard suite does not...

I do remember a mix of music with some being island music...

The beach is gorgeous...white sand, clearblue water...I've been up and down the coast line and the further south the whiter the sand...but in my opinion the difference is like trying to explain the difference between gorgeous and beautiful...It's all paradise!!!!

I don't know about the weather in April/May as all four times I went in June/July...but it is probably not that much different...nice and hot like a tropical destination should be...and the rain showers are gone before you can gather your things to go in...unless there is some sort of tropical storm going on, no need to worry about the rain...

:)

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wildlife at Majestic?

thanks so much for the info! we were hoping there would be the flamingos and such like we saw on the other resorts photos but not a big deal!

Anyone else have any info?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wildlife at Majestic?

If you walk to the Mangroves (near Tennis courts) you'll see a nice variety of wild birds .... parrots, woodpeckers, Groved Ani's, Egrets, orioles, and other birds we could not ID. Go early morning or late afternoon when the feeding frenzy begins.

4. Re: wildlife at Majestic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:20