We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Bahia Principe Ambar from airport

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Bahia Principe Ambar from airport

We do not want to take a van or bus from the airport to the hotel as we do not like waiting for all of the people to get their luggage, get on the bus and then having to stop at a number of resorts

Is there a taxi line at the airport and/or do we have to pre-arrange for transportation to take us to the hotel? What can we expect to pay and what is an appropriate tip? If you have specific names of drivers or services that would be greatly appreciated.

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Bahia Principe Ambar from airport

Hi there neighbor,

I recommend using R. Silva

www.dominicanairporttransfers.com

I use them twice a year when traveling to Punta Cana

They are safe, reliable, and private...

Good Luck !

Peace,

Lea

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to Bahia Principe Ambar from airport

Grupomama,

There are plenty of taxis outside after you get your luggage. No need to pre-arrange. We took a taxi to the Bahia last year and it was around 30.00 plus a tip. No taxi line to speak of - the drivers are just milling around. My husband and I found them to be fair and nice. Don't worry - you will get to your resort in no time -

Kim

3. Re: transportation to Bahia Principe Ambar from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:20