We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook flights from gatwick

London, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Topic
thomas cook flights from gatwick

hi everyone, ju8st wanted to know what everyone thought of thomas cook airways, we flew with my travel last year and it was a horrible flight does anyone have any comparisons of the 2

thanks

tinks

xx

torquay
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

dont know about thomas cook,but flew back yesterday with first choice and had no problems both ways!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

Tinks

I though we had answered this one already in another thread.

Anyway, when are you flying - June I think?

If so TCA should have 33" pitch seats by them - give them a call to check. If not economy seats are very cramped for the 7-8 hour journey to DR.

Apart from that service, entertainment is OK - check luggage allowance as I think it may only be 15KG as atandard.

What problems did you have with My Travel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

hi ffman

they flight with my travel was very cramped

i rang thomas cook airways and i have book our seats and chose where we want them for both flights

just wanted to know what the service was like that was all

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

Tinks

Did you ask them about the seat pitch as if you are flying in a non-revamped plane you will be as cramped as you were with My Travel unless you have opted for extra legroom seats.

When we flew with TCA last year the service, entertainment, food was all OK - would never fly with them again until they alter the seat pitch.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

Thomas Cook,

Been on two flights with them one to Barbados and one to Dom Rep both incredibly cramped and uncomfortable.

But I also read they are upgrading to bigger seat pitch 33".

In light of the fact that Thomson and First Choice have done this on long-haul I think they had no choice really, other than loose custom.

We were unlucky to have seats with the tables in the arms just behind the central toilets, these must be the most uncomfortable seats ever. You cannot lift up the arm rest as they are fixed (with table slotted inside them). Also the position was right near the centre doors, I was so cold I really wanted to cry. Whatever you do, don't choose this location on the plane.

Best Wishes

Lorraine

6. Re: thomas cook flights from gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 17:21