We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf clubs on air transat?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Golf clubs on air transat?

Has anyone been charged extra for taking their golf clubs to or from Punta Cana on Air Transat?

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

No extra charge for my husband's clubs on our Air Transat trip to Punta Cana last April.

River Drive Park...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

we just came back from punta cana in January....you can bring any sporting equipment, up to 44 pounds. This is in addition to your cheked luggage of 44 pounds, ....so 88 pounds total... hope this helps !!

River Drive Park...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

we just came back from punta cana in January....you can bring any sporting equipment, up to 44 pounds. This is in addition to your cheked luggage of 44 pounds, ....so 88 pounds total... hope this helps !!

We travelled Air Transat.

bracebridge
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

just wondering if anyone has packed anything extra in their golf bags. For example lotion, extra shoes. I see that on there web site air transat specifies that your only allowed to take certain items but your allowed 44 lbs. Just wondering I fly on Thursday

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

Unless they've really tightened things up, my experience is that as long as your not over the 44 pounds, you're OK. I usually put my snorkle gear in the golf travel bag, lotions & potions because they take up a lot of weight in the regular luggage and I take a lot of golf balls(which weigh about a pound/dozen) even though the guidelines state 1 doxen balls. Depending on the how much it weighs by then I'll put in shoes, books etc.

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

From my experience last week. There is no problem on the way down but make sure you are within the restrictions on the way back.

We went throught hell at PC airport.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

SeekingWarmth, what happened?

Calgary
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

Just got back in January and like the previous answers no charge for the clubs up to 44 lbs. I had a pair of shoes as well as golf sandals and more than 1 dozen balls. coming back i ditched the sandals and had fewer balls, my golf bag it's self is quite heavy but i came in at 34 lbs, could have put in the stuff that put me over the Kg in my suitcase LOL.

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

It wasn't do much the clubs but somehow our luggage gained weight over the holidays and they accused us of being 12 kilos over in our luggage. We came back with less than we went. they would not allow us to put anything in the golf bags to redistribute weight. We went for two weeks so I know we were close (slightly over) when we left Toronto. I had the original weight for our four bags and even with the help of the Air Transat rep, they were not going to budge. We added another carry-on instead. I refused to give them a penny!

Just be sure you are under coming home or you will pay.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf clubs on air transat?

Thanks for the great info, I was concerned about our return out of PC. 40 more days......I can't wait to get my golf gear out of storage!