We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are all the pirates gone

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where are all the pirates gone

What has happened to our topic? it's just vanished! does anybody know,

north wales UK
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Barnie,

Sometimes posts get moved into the new part of the forum - in a bid to keep this part of the forum purely for "travel topics" - if you scroll to the top of the topics/threads - on the left hand side you will see a new part to click into called

"New Forums on Tripadvisor" - if you click into it this introduces the newer forums - scroll down there is one called "off topic chatter" - click into and you will see loads of stuff going on this is where we are supposed to "clown around now" - it has other forums to use and includes peole from all the other area forums too!! (a great idea!!) it is great over there loads of people to chat to talk on loads of different stuff - loads of simply chatting!!!

It is a bid to let us all just chat everyday stuff etc.. over there, get to laugh and know each other. Have a look your post could just of been moved there if it was just a laugh/chat stuff!!!

Have a look you'll love it there!!

Other than that it could just be your post may be say - rude?? and administrators or another reader felt it may have been offensive and removed it?? I didn't read it so I don't know. I think you could look in the off topic chatter forum first though.

Hope that helps you

Liz

Old Bridge, NJ
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Hey Ray and Caroline, I guess it's been a while since one of has posted. Our thread is there but way down on like page 5 or something. I'll post on it so we can get back on top.

Jackie

north wales UK
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

AuntJack,

Sorry - my msitake!!!

I just thought it was one of those topics that had gone sort of off topic and got moved because of banter etc LOL!!!

Loads of posts got moved or deleted recently either due to insults/swearing etc.. or cause we were larking around about stuff unrelated to hols etc.. (whoops!!) I just assumed it was one of those that was all LOL

At least we know where to look though now!!

Liz

england
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Thanks liz anyway,you still have been very helpful, we leave early on monday mornin, can't wait, caroline

boston
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Why did the pirate take a vacation?

He needed a little Rrrrr and Rrrrr :O)

north wales UK
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Caroline - have a great time!!! just a few more sleeps now!!! I bet you are well excited!!

I have friends flying to DR on Monday too - they had planned going to PPV in Playa Dorada on Thursday - for some reason or other travel agents have re organised their trip to go to Iberostar on Monday instead - so they are now in panic mode packing madly cause they go earlier than planned LOL - it means they get three extra days in a 5* instead!!! Who is going to argue with that?? LOL

Hey Skinny!!

Maybe the Pirates should pack according to how they mean to go on "Rum and more Rum" LOL

england
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Thanks Liz,we should have a great time,just worried about some of the food scares we have been reading,don't want to get ill,there is eight of us going altogether,our five son's and a girlfriend,our youngest is nearly ten, caroline

north wales UK
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Caroline,

To be honest I haven't read any reviews of where you are going - so I cannot comment.

My only suggestion is go prepared with immodium, re hydrate powders (boots do flavoured ones) - or Marmote to build salts if kiddies won't take powders!!! Just take stuff that you might need as it is really expensive for this stuff over there.

I am sure you will be fine - just have something for stand by incase!!

I do realise your worries - these TO's need a kick in the pants for having let this illness lark drag on so long etc. it isn't fair on anyone is it??

Just you make sure yoiu have a great time!!!

Liz

england
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Hi Liz, we are going the casa del mar,(south coast) it has been very warm here all week,but it is rainy today,woke up with a sore throat and blocked up nose yuk!, hope it goes before we travel,don't want to be feeling like this,We have the stuff to take that you mentioned,(sniffle sniffle)got to go and get ready for work now,(last day till we come back)work in the local school, caroline

north wales UK
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where are all the pirates gone

Cariline,

Quick "sudafed" LOL!!! Hope that clears before you go!! Don't you just hate that when something gets you right before your hols!! Happens to me everytime when I haven't the time to be ill LOL!!

Have a great time and enjoy it!! I bet you can't wait!!

Liz