We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Hi

Just got back from Breezes ( June 15-22nd) any questions?

I'll try to answer all questions.

glasgow,u.k.
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

hi there

going to breezes p.c. next week.

is it as bad as some of the posts on here suggest!?

also a couple of quick questions.

i have an 8 year old son.is there plenty for him to do, and kids of his age group?

are there beach towels readily available (saves us having to take any with us!)

is there an ATM on site

how was the food in general

was there a lot of sickness etc at the resort

your help would be much appreciated!!

thanx in advance

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

RAnger,

We were there in May and there seemed to be a lot of kids of all ages.

It is not "as bad" as people say. In my week there I saw no one who was sick or being given an iv fluids. We were fine when we were there and we ate and drank everything.

There are fresh towels in a small hut outside of the pool area. They were always clean, but did smell kind of musty....after all it is very humid down there and that is to be expected.

If you have any more questions, please let me (us) know.

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

hi rangers,

I have a 5 year old and didn't see him in the days. He loved the kids club and never wanted to leave. They brought them swimming, on the trampoline, rock climbing. It was fantastic for him. I have pictures if you want to post your e-mail. Your child will have a blast!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Brez6: The beach and the pool.

1. because it is a large resort, is the size of the pool sufficient?

2. Was the pool generally clean?

3. In the brochures the beach looks dingy and water looks aweful, but in candid photos it looks great - which is it?

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

sorry to butt in....just wanted to say the beach is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Crystal clear and very clean.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Mish2: Thank you about the beach clarification. What about the pool?

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Huge....Didn't have any problems trying to get space and everything seemed clean to me when I was there or I would have never went in.

This is only my choice, but I never hung out around the swim-up bar since I was scared of the water around it (with no evidence of anything, it was just in my head) :0)

sussex Eng
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

mish2, did they have any computer games in the kids club? Just somewhere for the kids to sit quietly out of the sun for an hour?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

Mish2: Thanks for the pool clarification too!! While on the subject what about the food? Buffet , a la carte's, how to reserve? Lobster night?

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Breezes 6/15-6/22

rachie-m-2004- Yes, they had a Playstation2 or XBox, can't remember but my son is addicted to these games at home and was fine w/what they did have. :0) The kid's club is actually an indoor structure w/ A/C. They are here if not doing an activity outside.

dropusaline- I did not like the buffet for dinner too much but it was great for breakfast and I usually ate lunch from the pool grill---very good!!--

They had lobster at the same area as the pool lunch area (turns into a restaurant at night) but was not very good. They also had it once at the buffet for dinner but it is the same type. I am a big seafood eater so was not impressed w/the lobster here. The reservation process was not good. If you're ready to eat @ 6:00, you'll usually get right in. If you want to eat later, we stood in "line" at about 5:45 to make reservations hoping for 7:00 but usually took what they had left. My husband and I rotated reservation duty each day. It's not horrible but you are interrupting whatever you're doing at this time to stand in line. We did this every day since I was not happy with the dinner buffet. This is just my opinion and some loved the dinner buffet. I could have just eatin there on a bad night....I just never went back.

Hope this helps!